6 tips to help your roof look better and last longer
As we kick off the new year and new projects, remember to have your roof inspected and follow through with routine maintenance.
• Inspect Your Roof
• Twice a year (spring and fall) do a visual, from- the ground inspection. Look for these problem areas.
• Lifting or missing shingles or tiles
• Damaged drip edge
• Buckling, loose or missing flashing
• Missing or exposed fasteners
• Sagging or broken gutter
• Piles of granules
• Clean The Gutters
• Call in an expert to do this a few times a year- and especially before a big storm. Otherwise, water can back up and rot the fascia.
• Trim The Trees
• One good storm can send branches falling down into your roof.
• Look for Moss and Algae
• Remove Debris
• Trim overhanging branches
• Look for ponding water
• Re-Caulk, If Necessary
• Call in and expert if you see blistering or missing caulk.
• Check The Insulation
• Proper insulation and ventilation in your attic can reduce moisture.