PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES AND REQUIREMENTS TO ENSURE A SAFE AND SUCCESSFUL REOPENING OF SCHOOL FOR ALL!
Please review the following information carefully to help your family prepare for the reopening of school next week. All families with one or more children in the Hybrid model should have received an email from each of your children’s classroom teacher indicating the days your child will attend school in person next week, which will involve a staggered start to in person attendance. Please note the following for next week:
Staggered Start for the week of September 14:
· Students will either attend in-person on Monday & Wednesday (9/14 & 9/16) or Tuesday & Thursday (9/15 & 9/17).
· On the opposite days when students are not attending school in person, they will be completing asynchronous work that is assigned via Seesaw.
· All students will continue to receive the remote learning part of their day through synchronous specials and other learning with specialists Monday -Thursday.
· Friday, September 18th is a Remote Learning Day for all students.
o No later than 7:00 am if your child is in Cohort A
o No later than 11:00 am if your child is in Cohort B
· The survey must be filled out the day of arrival, not the night before.
· Please make sure you fill it out EVERY school day, even if your child has symptoms and remains home that day. When we see this, we will follow up with you on why your child is absent and how they can regain entrance back to school.
· You will not need to present daily verification of certification. We will have a list of students who completed the survey as well as those who did not pass or complete the survey.
· If you have not completed the survey PRIOR to arrival, you will need to park in the parking lot and complete the self-certification and then escort your child to DOOR C- by the Multi Purpose Room to present the survey confirmation email.
· Any child who has not had their Covid-19 Symptom Survey completed upon arrival will need to report to Door C to complete the screening before being permitted to enter school.
· Attached are our Arrival/Dismissal Plans for Hybrid Cohort A (In-Person 7:45 – 10:45 am) & Hybrid Cohort B In Person 12:00 – 3:00 pm). These plans will begin next week during our Staggered Start for the Hybrid Model.
- Cohort A- Student Drop Off begins at 7:35 am
- Cohort B- Student Drop Off begins at 11:50 am
As we approach our in-person learning, please remind your child(ren) of the importance of wearing a mask and maintaining distance for the health and safety of all involved. We also ask that you review the following information to ensure a smooth and safe transition to school:
· Please send a snack that adheres to our safe snack protocol- This year, we are strongly recommending the following snacks will be permitted in the classroom: *Fruits, preferably whole, peeled fruits. No applesauce or fruit cups.*Vegetables, no dipping sauces. We will provide additional information to you about other safe options.
Please discuss the following with your child:
Do not offer, share or exchange any foods with other students at school.
Hand washing with soap and water, or Purell wipes before and after eating is necessary to decrease the chance of cross contamination on surfaces.
If you child rides the bus, remind them that there is a “no eating on the bus” policy.
No water bottles with flip top caps please.
Use containers that your child can open on his/her own.
· Practice with your child taking on and taking off their mask in a safe and independent manner. Bus riders must wear a facial mask at the bus stop in preparation of boarding the school bus and car riders must wear a mask upon exiting the car or as they approach school on foot.
· Please send extra clean masks with your child. We will have disposable ones on hand, but in case one gets dirty, dropped, etc. we would like them to have a clean one to put on.
· Ensure that your child is seated on the passenger side of your vehicle for easy exit. Please work with your child on entering and exiting the car with ease, independently.
Please know how much we appreciate and recognize your partnership in ensuring a successful and productive start to the school year. We are filled with excitement as we prepare for next week to welcome our Everett Eagles back in person.
Coming Weeks At-a-Glance:
- ½ Cohort in person M/W
- ½ Cohort in person T/TH
September 18: All Remote Learning Day
September 21: Full HYBRID Schedule begins!