Beat the Heat! Top Tips for Wearing Wigs During the Summer:
1. Wig sweat liners are a must when temperatures and humidity are high. They fit perfectly under all capsizes.
2. If your wig is medium to long in length, use a cloth-covered elastic to put it in a ponytail. If your wig has layers that don’t quite reach your ponytail, use Bobby pins or a hairband to keep it off your face. Be very careful with the Bobby pins, do not puncture the cap.
3. It’s okay to take your wig off if you are comfortable doing so. It gives your wig and scalp a chance to air out and cool down. Two minutes is all you need.
4. If your wig is synthetic, you can lightly mist it with water. It will help cool you down.
5. Wear a large sun hat or visor, it will provide shade and protection from the sun. Halo wigs are a great option to stay cool when you are wearing a hat or other headwear.
6. Always apply sunscreen, and don’t forget your scalp, ears, and back of your neck.