Dear NAMIWalks NH Supporters and Friends,
Every year, NAMIWalks NH brings thousands of Granite Staters together for the state’s single largest mental health awareness and suicide prevention event. Together, we promote awareness of mental illness and suicide, raise funds for NAMI New Hampshire, and build community so people know they are not alone. This year presents many new challenges – and, as you might have expected, the 18
Annual NAMIWalks NH is going virtual!
Nothing will ever take the place of over 2,000 of us gathered together in Concord, united in hope. However, the health and safety of our walkers, volunteers, staff, and the community is our top priority.
What does this mean for you?
We are pleased to unite with other Walks throughout the country for
NAMIWalks Your Way: A National Day of Hope
on Saturday, October 10, 2020. Here in the Granite State,
NAMIWalks NH Your Way
means you and your team members can make the day your own. Some of our participants will still be walking this year – around the block, doing laps around the backyard, or on the treadmill, all while taking the most careful precautions and staying appropriately physically distanced. Other participants might go for a run, a bike ride, a hike, or a swim. They might be found hula hooping or paddle boarding or gardening or doing yoga. The beauty of
NAMIWalks NH Your Way
is the ability for you to engage in whatever activity you find meaningful – all while fundraising for NAMI New Hampshire and sharing activities on social media to raise awareness and show a united effort to crush stigma.
This is new for all of us, and we know you will have many questions. Here are some tips for getting started:
- Create a team or register as an individual walker by clicking here.
- Register for the Virtual Kick Off Event on Wednesday, August 5th from noon to 1:00 PM to learn more about NAMIWalks NH Your Way, hear some terrific fundraising tips and tricks, see the 2020 incentive items, and more. The first 50 Team Captains to register for the Kick Off will receive an EXCLUSIVE swag bag, and all registrants will receive a special gift.
- Download the NAMIWalks Your Way Participant Guide.
- Check out some great Virtual Fundraising Ideas and Steps to Fundraise for a Virtual Walk from NAMI National. Have ideas of your own? Please share them with us!
- Check out social media footage from the spring NAMIWalks Your Way: A National Day of Hope. Over 30 spring walks went virtual on May 30th, and we are fortunate to have had the opportunity to learn from their experience.
The pandemic has challenged all of us in ways we could not have imagined a few months ago. We know the collective mental health needs of individuals, families, and our communities are greater than ever and will continue to grow in the coming months. In the wake of the pandemic, the support services, education programs, suicide prevention trainings, and advocacy provided by NAMI NH will be essential for all Granite Staters affected by mental illness and suicide.
You can help ensure funding for these critical supports and services by joining us as a virtual walker, fundraising for NAMI NH, and raising awareness of mental health and suicide.