The Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) has invited code users and stakeholders to participate in the winter 2020 public review of proposed changes to Codes Canada publications:
- National Building Code of Canada 2015 (NBC)
- National Fire Code of Canada 2015 (NFC)
- National Plumbing Code of Canada 2015 (NPC)
- National Energy Code of Canada for Buildings 2017 (NECB)
This national public review closes March 13, 2020.
The purpose of this public review is to:
- Provide Code users and stakeholders with a detailed look at proposed technical changes and
- Seek comment on each proposed technical change as to whether it should be approved, altered, or rejected.
The responsible standing committee will consider each comment in its recommendations on the proposed changes. The final changes are subject to approval by the CCBFC and will be published by the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) in the 2020 editions of the Codes Canada publications.
This is the final national public review of proposed changes to the 2015 editions of the National Building, Fire, and Plumbing Codes and the National Energy Code for Buildings and includes changes being
proposed to the NBC - Section 9.36 and the NECB related to Tiered Energy Efficiency requirements (Energy STEP Codes)
, as well as changes related to accessibility, large farm buildings and updates to referenced standards.
Watch for more information from BILD Alberta summarizing the proposed technical changes, their impact on members and how you can get involved and have your say. If you have questions or concerns please contact