Living with ALS on a daily basis can be an overwhelming task. Depending on where a person is in the disease process, one might be dealing with:
1. Decreased mobility 7. Changes in thinking and behavior
2. Swallowing difficulties 8. Speech and communication
3. Muscle spasms or pain 9. Financial concerns
4. Emotional control 10. End of life issues
5. Eating/nutrition 11. Spirit concerns
6. Breathing and lung issues
Local physicians, nurses, therapists and social workers may have limited experience with ALS, which often means ALS patients and their families must be their own best advocate. Many have found that it helps to ask questions and talk to others who have been where you are now. Join us the 2nd Thursday of each month for the Support Group. 1 p.m at Chippewa Valley Bible Church, in Chippewa Falls, WI.
Our newsletter today will highlight one of our own members story along with some resources related to bed mobility.