Invest Medicine Hat announced the Residential Infill Incentive Program designed to incentivize development and reconstruction of Infill properties. The Program will benefit established neighborhoods and provide economic stimulus to grow the property assessment base of the City as part of the City’s COVID-19 response.
The Residential Infill Incentive Program is comprised of five separate grants:
- Land Use Bylaw Amendment Application Fee Grant
- New Construction Residential Densification and Renewal Grant
- Hazardous Materials Survey and Abatement Grant
- Professional Design Services Grant
- Eligible Utility Infrastructure Upgrades Grant
Owners of an infill property may be eligible for up to a combined maximum of $25,000 for each single civic address but total funding is limited to the first $250,000. Apply before December 31, 2020.