SARATOGA SPRINGS, NY – A panel of gaming industry leaders and officials will examine the current and future issues regarding the NY downstate casino expansion when the Racing and Gaming Conference at Saratoga (RGCS) convenes August 15-17 at the Saratoga Hilton.
Since the Coney Island casino gold rush of the late 1970s, the vision of opening casinos in New York City has been a dream for some and a nightmare for others. Now that dream will become a reality, but in what form? What will Downstate gaming look like, and what impact will it have throughout the entire region? Stakeholders representing a variety of viewpoints will offer their insights on gaming in one of the world’s most important economic centers.
This informative panel will be moderated by Patrick Brown, Brown & Weinraub PLLC, organizer of the Racing and Gaming Conference at Saratoga. Presenters include:
- Jeffrey Gural, Chairman of American Racing and Entertainment and Owner, Tioga Downs Casino Resort
- Kevin Jones, Chief Strategy Officer and Chief Legal Officer, Genting Americas Inc.
- Michael Kane, President and Executive Director, New York State Gaming Association
- Honorable David Paterson, Former Governor of New York; Senior Vice President and Senior Advisor, Las Vegas Sands Corporation
- Gary Pretlow, New York State Assembly, Chairman of the Committee on Racing and Wagering
The RGCS has prepared an intensive agenda featuring industry experts discussing the racing and gaming industries. Program speakers include academics, elected officials, lawyers, regulators, industry executives, and racing patrons, all of whom will examine the trends, challenges, and issues.
RGCS agenda topics also include:
- Responsible Gaming: Are Programs and Funding Keeping Pace with Industry Growth?
- State Lotteries – Finding Avenues for Growth
- Sports Betting: What’s Next?
- The Rise (or Scourge) of Unregulated Gaming Machines
- M&A Investment Trends in Sports Betting and Online Gaming
- Gaming Regulation in the Digital Age: Are “Analog” Regulations and Regulators Sufficient to Police the Digital Gaming Market?
- Online Casinos: How Will Online Gaming Legalization Across the Nation Play Out in the Next Five Years?
- The Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act and the Future of Racing
- Horse Racing, NFTs, and the Metaverse
- Aftercare for Race Horses: Who Pays?
- Fixed Odds and the Future of Horse Betting
The RGCS will also host two networking events – a Welcome Cocktail Party on Monday night and an evening of charity gaming at historic Canfield Casino on Tuesday evening – as well as an afternoon of racing at the historic Saratoga Race Course on Wednesday. The conference is coordinated by Spectrum Gaming Group.