Expressions of Interest: Program Manager/Coordinator
Mid Coast Connect is an incorporated not-for-profit organisation facilitating programs throughout the mid north coast region from Woolgoolga to Bulahdelah. Programs aim to assist young people with their transition through school and into further education, training and employment. Current programs include Work Placement, School-based Trainee Mentoring, Links to Learning and School Leaver Support. Mid Coast Connect also provides Apprenticeship and Traineeship Services through our Group Training Organisation.
Due to additional funding opportunities, Mid Coast Connect is expanding our range of programs and service delivery. We are currently seeking expressions of interest from professionals who would like to work with us to make a difference in the lives of our local young people.
Mid Coast Connect is looking for suitably qualified and experienced individuals who can support the provision of any of the following services:
- Individual client case management for young people who have recently disengaged from school to support them into training and/or employment
- Structured mentoring support for apprentices and trainees (including school-based, Indigenous and young people identified as being at-risk of non-completion)
- Apprenticeship and traineeship support services through Mid Coast Connect's Group Training Organisation
- Work placement coordination for HSC vocational courses
- Project management for career and transition activities and events
It is essential that applicants clearly address the following selection criteria:
- Previous experience working with young people in support services, education, training and/or employment programs
- Demonstrated ability to promote programs, engage clients, collaborate and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Capacity to work independently, effectively manage a caseload and experience in meeting targets within short time-frames
- Exceptional organisation, communication and administration skills; including computer literacy and problem-solving skills
- Driver's licence
Terms and Conditions
Positions may be based at the Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour, Taree or Kempsey office and will require regular travel within the local area as well as occasional travel within the service region. Access to a pool vehicle is available for work-related travel.
Positions will be offered on a contract basis, 3 to 5 days per week (negotiable). Ongoing employment will be subject to satisfactory performance in the position, contractual obligations, business demand and the availability of ongoing funding for the position.
Employment conditions will be as per the Labour Market Assistance Industry Award 2010.
A willingness to represent the organisation, further develop programs and contribute to team-based practices is expected. Flexibility is required, including attendance at relevant meetings, functions and events that may occur outside of normal business hours.
Please note that Child Protection Legislation requires preferred applicants to be subject to employment screening.
How to apply
To be considered for employment opportunities that may arise with Mid Coast Connect, applicants must
- Clearly address the selection criteria with details of training and experience
- Provide an up to date resume with the contact details for three work-related referees
- Indicate preferred area/s of service provision, office base location and availability
Applications should be forwarded to
Mid Coast Connect
PO Box 1064 | PORT MACQUARIE NSW 2444
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 8 October 2017.
If you have any questions about the position or your application, please contact Jenny Fraser on 6583 5910.
Mid Coast Connect is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment which is free from harassment and discrimination.