Dear West Scholars and Families,
Welcome West Families and Community! We hope that everyone had an enjoyable Spring Break and is ready to come back in the building! As we all know, MMSD has made the decision to reopen schools and at West, we understand that this decision affects our students and their families in many different ways. This newsletter contains reopening information specifically for West, updates on the work that West is working on and important dates and upcoming events! ENJOY!
As we continue to have conversations around reopening, West is also committed to continuing our AntiRacist work and here is what has been happening in the school:
- March 22nd- AntiRacist Circles around Microaggressions, Mindset and reopening.
- March 23rd-Family Informational session about reopening at West
- March 25th-School-wide Regent Pride discussions around Intersectionality.
The next AntiRacist Literacy Circles and School-wide Regent Pride discussions are:
- April 26- AntiRacist Circles
- May 24th-AntiRacist Circles
- REGENT PRIDE DISCUSSIONS TBD FOR MAY
- Welcome Back dates for all grades
- April 20th( 9th and 12th graders)
- April 27th ( 10th and 11th graders)
- Aspire Testing - May 5th & 6th - (9th and 10th grades only)
- FACE Family Information Session - May 4th - 530-7pm
- Prom Week - May 10th-May 15th - Virtual fun to be held this week for seniors!