In celebration of Family Engagement Month, the Exceptional Children’s Assistance Center (ECAC), invites families to nominate their child’s school for the, “Tell Us Something Good” award. Share an experience that you’ve had with your child’s teacher / school that highlights their welcoming attitude and enthusiasm in working with families to create a positive experience for students with disabilities and their families.
1. Eligibility: Parent / caregiver of a child with a disability enrolled in a NC Public School in North Carolina.
2. How to enter: Three (3) ways you can submit your entry.
a. Create your own video clip of no more than 2 minutes in length. Submit a video clip of your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org. Videos should be 2 minutes or less and the ideal format is mp4 or direct YouTube link." or
b. Contact Beverly Roberts @ email@example.com to schedule a time with ECAC to tape your story using ECAC’s Zoom account, or
c. Submit your story in a written format, no more than 260 words and if you include photos ECAC will place them in a slide show for submission. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59 am on Wednesday, November 10th. Schools will be notified that they have been nominated for the “Tell Us Something Good” Award.
3. Entry Requirements:
· Video must be no longer than 2 minutes to be considered.
· Written submissions must be no longer than 260 words to be considered.
· Use of copyrighted material is prohibited.
· Each entry must have a title and labeled with the school name and the submission form must be included.
· Submission must be received no later than 11:59 pm Wednesday, November 10th.
4. Selection of winner: A voting link featuring all qualifying submissions will be posted on our website, facebook, twitter, instagram and sent out through our listserv. The nominated school with the most votes will be the winner. The voting will begin on November 15th and will end November 29th @ 11:59 pm.
5. Prizes: The school with the most votes will receive a $1000.00 award to go towards a family engagement activity for families at their school. The parent/ caregiver who submitted the winning entry will receive a $200.00 Amazon card.
6. Notification: Winner will be announced , Tuesday, November 30th @ 12 pm during Facebook live “Tool Time Tuesday”.
7. Timeline At a Glance:
· Contest Announced on ECAC website: Wednesday, October 27th
· Entries due: No later than 11:59 pm Wednesday, November 10th
· Voting will begin Monday, November 15th and ends at 11:59 pm on Monday, November 29th.