We are sending the following on behalf of the Office of Early Learning. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Delaware Stars is not able to provide any additional information or answer questions.
FEMA Child Care COVID-19 Vaccination Event:
When: Saturday February 27, 2021, 9:00am – 2:45pm
Where: Dover International Speedway at 1000 Leipsic Road, Dover.
Here's how to request an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccination event dedicated to child care providers in Delaware:
Directors and Administrators: Please share this information directly with your staff.
Please read this message in its entirety before beginning the registration process.
1. This Saturday's event is only open to eligible child care providers that work in Delaware.
2. Registration for this event will be completed using a sign up genius link. Please be certain that you provide all the information requested. Register under the name that appears on your driver’s license or other state-issued picture identification.
3. Once all the appointment slots are filled, the registration process will stop at that point. Recipients will receive a total of two doses of the vaccine with the second occurring 21-28 days after the initial dose. Please note, that your 2nd dose will not be scheduled on Saturday. DDOE will send out emails to register for an appointment for the 2nd dose when it is due.
4. Click/copy the link - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C49ACA62FA6FAC61-fema - to sign up for the FEMA child care COVID-19 vaccination event.. This event is only open to eligible child care providers that work in Delaware. Anyone who registers off a shared link and is not an active child care provider in Delaware will have their appointment cancelled.
Due to the limited supply of vaccines, this event will result in approximately 2500 vaccinations being issued.
Day of Vaccination:
· Please arrive at or just before the time of your appointment. Arriving earlier will only cause you and others to have to wait longer.
· Only individuals with appointments will be vaccinated, but multiple people with appointments may arrive in the same vehicle.
· Please enter Dover International Speedway at 1000 Leipsic Road, Dover.
· You should fill the fields marked in yellow, and the pre-vaccination screening questions are about your health on the day of your vaccination. If you cannot print and fill out the form in advance, copies will be available on site.
· This is a drive-through event. You will remain in your vehicle to be vaccinated. Please arrive dressed in a way that you can expose your upper arm easily, and don’t have to get out of your vehicle to remove a jacket or shirt.
· In case wait times become lengthy, please plan ahead. You should consider what snacks or medications you may need to bring, though we hope the wait will not be long. Additionally, access to restroom facilities is limited.
If you must cancel your appointment or have any questions, please email:
Department of Education