Welcome to the 2018-19 academic year of Family Faith Formation, Youth Ministry, and Sacrament Preparation. We are delighted to embark with your entire family to awaken all of our hearts to the ways God is speaking to us each and every day! This journey--walking alongside each of you--continues to be such a joy for me. We are looking forward to the engaging activities and projects that we will work on together this year.
My hope, along with our faith formation staff and volunteers, is help your entire family come into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and to be formed in faith. We want to present the traditions, rituals, and content of our faith to you in a fun and relevant way. We want our time together to be both restful and rejuvenating so that together we can all face our daily challenges and struggles. We want to celebrate, pray, and learn together as a parish family, so that we can in turn be Christ to all the others we encounter in our everyday lives.
Our goals for this year:
- Invite all family members into a loving, personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Invite all family members to establish habits that will enable you to spend time together and with God on a consistent basis.
- Provide relevant content for your family to use at home to facilitate faith conversations and encourage Bible reading and prayer.
- Create a warm, welcoming atmosphere for all ages to engage in formative experiences.
- Provide faith-based activities at the parish that engage all learners in deepening your understanding of our Catholic faith.
Family Faith Formation Program Specifics:
- 30 minutes of work at home each week, using the given resources
- Weekly check-in with your group facilitator
- 1x/month family gathering (or more often). 4-5 times a year this monthly family gathering will be a Parish Intergenerational Session. A parent/adult must attend the family monthly session with child/ren.
For those children in
who are enrolled in Confirmation preparation, Intergenerational Sessions are a required part of the Confirmation process. All other Catholic School children, while it is not required, are most welcome to attend our Intergenerational Sessions and/or enroll in our Family Faith Formation program.
For those children in public school who are enrolled in year 2 Confirmation, in addition to the family formation sessions, there are small group sessions just for youth, along with immediate preparation dates. Please review the schedule carefully to know everything you need to attend.
Family Faith Formation Sessions:
Sundays from 12:30-2:30 PM or
Mondays from 5:30-7:30 PM
at Christ the King
SEPT 16 & 17— FAMILY ORIENTATION
OCT 21 & 22 — SERVICE & REFLECTION
NOV 4 & 5 — INTERGENERATIONAL*
DEC16 & 17 — FAMILY ADVENT PRAYER EXPERIENCE
JAN 6 & 7 — INTERGENERATIONAL*
FEB 2 & 3 — SERVICE & REFLECTION
MARCH 3 & 4 — INTEGENERATIONAL*
APRIL 7 & 8 — FAMILY STATIONS OF THE CROSS
MAY 5 & 6 — INTERGENERATIONAL*
JUNE 8 OR 9 (TBA) — PARISH PENTECOST CELEBRATION
for a detailed schedule which includes these above program dates, along with
If you know someone who has not registered yet, please spread the word and tell them to
May God bless you and your little, and not so little, ones the rest of these fun-filled summer days! May God grant you peace of mind and fill your heart with joy and love.
Director of Faith Formation