Tetia Lee, Executive Director
Tippecanoe Arts Federation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 10, 2018
BRAVO FOR THE ARTS 2018
Lafayette, Ind.-The Tippecanoe Arts Federation held its annual Bravo for the Arts today to a sold out crowd. Bravo for the Arts brings together legislators, business owners and employees, arts administrators, artists, and community volunteers to celebrate all those who create and support the arts. The event was made possible through the generosity of sponsors Old National Bank and Duke Energy. Additional support was provided by McKinney's Flowers, North Central Health Services, Indiana Arts Commission, and the National Endowment for the Arts.
The event began with a welcome address by emcee Jeff Smith. Live jazz music was performed by 2017 Bravo Award winner, Brent Laidler, with Lynn Colwell and John Holt.
Bravo awards are presented each year to businesses that have made significant contributions to arts and culture organizations in the community. This year's Bravo Award was given to Kettelhut Construction of Lafayayette, IN.
The John Corey Arts Leadership Award is given each year to an individual that exhibits and embodies leadership in the arts. The prestigious John Corey Award went to Melissa Bishop of the Flora-Monroe Township Library, for all of her hard work on the Flora train depot and downtown revival.
Tippecanoe Arts Federation and the Indiana Arts Commission recognized the following 28 recipients of the FY 2019 Regional Partnership Initiative Grants for Region 4. Also recognized by North Central Health Services were 11 grantees. In total $469,472 was awarded to organizations throughout the 14 counties.
Arts Project Support
- Flora-Monroe Township Public Library, $2,000
- Psi Iota Xi, Beta Alpha Chapter, WC, Inc., $1,734
- Friends of the Frankfort Public Library, $5,000
- Red Barn Theater, $4,500
- Attica Main Street / City of Attica, $5,000
- City of West Lafayette / Morton Community Center, $5,000
- West Lafayette Public Library, $1,000
- Tipton Community Theatre, $3,000
- Tipton County Pork Festival, Inc., $5,000
- MSD of Warren County / Warren County Learning Center, $5,000
Arts Operating Support
- Delphi Opera House, $7,062
- Cass County Arts Alliance, $7,062
- Logansport Art Association, $4,385
- Kokomo Civic Theatre, Inc., $6,053
- Kokomo Community Concerts, $6,053
- Kokomo Park Band, Inc., $6,053
- Kokomo Symphonic Society, Inc., $6,053
- Prairie Arts Council, $6,053
- Prairie Preservation Guild, $7,062
- Art Museum of Greater Lafayette, $10,724
- Bach Chorale Singers, Inc., $7,062
- Civic Theatre of Greater Lafayette, $10,724
- Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering, Inc., $7,062
- Lafayette Citizens Bands, Inc., $6,053
- Lafayette Symphony, Inc., $13,641
- Long Center for the Performing Arts, $8,068
- Robert and Ellen Haan Museum of Indiana Arts, $8,068
North Central Health Services Grantees
Adams Mill, Inc., $11,620
Carroll County Historical Society, $50,000
Carroll County Wabash & Erie Canal, Inc., $43,530
Delphi Opera House, $16,454
Delphi Preservation Society, $20,801
Flora Community Club, $50,000
Heartland Heritage, $6,631
Illiana Antique Power Association, $50,000
Indiana Fiddlers' Gathering, Inc., $10,000
The Farm at Prophetstown, $16,604
Red Barn Summer Theatre, $24,360
About Bravo for the Arts
Bravo for the Arts celebrates the arts and recognizes outstanding people, programs, and partners who are helping grow the arts in our community. In addition to serving as an annual convening of arts and community leaders, the luncheon highlights cultural organizations through the presentation of grant awards. Bravo also honors an individual and area business through the presentation of two awards, the John Corey award and the Bravo Award.
About Tippecanoe Arts Federation
The Tippecanoe Arts Federation is the umbrella organization and arts council for 14 counties. TAF provides educational opportunities in the visual, performing, and literary arts, outreach programs for both underserved and at-risk youth, and funding for capital and operational expenses to fellow arts organizations region wide. Established in 1976, the Tippecanoe Arts Federation serves as a model for arts advocacy by promoting the role of the arts within our region. More information is available at TippecanoeArts.org.