Blood Drive: May 10
The American Red Cross continues to closely monitor the evolving situation of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Their commitment to operate blood drives in the safest way possible for their donors, volunteers and staff remains a top priority.
To schedule an appointment, visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter sponsor code: FPCF19 or contact Connie Bond at 615.790.4043 or
or Don Bittick at 615.775.4379 or
At each blood drive, Red Cross staff already follow the highest standards of safety and infection control. In addition to their procedures, they have implemented additional precautions:
• Checking temperature of all staff, volunteers and donors before entering blood drive (If any staff, volunteer or donor has a temperature greater than 99.5°F they will not be able to donate/work at the drive)
• Staff and volunteers will wear gloves throughout entire drive, changing gloves often
• All staff, volunteers and donors will be required to wear face masks or coverings at the blood drive in alignment with CDC public guidelines
• Donor educational materials on COVID-19
• Stop sign at entrances to avert ineligible donors
• Hand sanitizer will be available at check-in, health history and refreshment areas
• Blood donors will be asked to use hand sanitizer before and during the donation process
• Donors beds will be sanitized between every donor
• Routinely disinfecting common surfaces at drive
• Set up to allow 6 feet distance between donor areas
• Only blood donors will be permitted at blood drives
• After check-in, donors will be asked to wait in a designated area (or even car), donors may be asked for a phone number to get notified it’s their turn
• Donors will be asked to wear face masks or coverings at blood drives in alignment with CDC guidelines. We encourage donors to bring their own mask or covering that covers both
their nose and mouth. If a donor does not have a mask, the Red Cross will provide one. If a donor does not want to wear a mask, we ask they postpone their donation for a later date.
• Please schedule appointments for all your donors to help manage donor flow and allow for social distancing. Walk-ins will not be accepted.
• For additional information go to redcrossblood.org to learn more about coronavirus and blood donation.
During this public health emergency, donation information may change in the days and weeks ahead, so please be sure to consult with your Red Cross representative or staff at your blood drive with any questions. Thank you for your support!