We really loved seeing everyone at the virtual congregational meeting last week! There is lots of good news in the ePress this week. Take a look!
Sun, Feb 7
Adult Sunday School Class via Zoom: 9 am
Fellowship Coffee Hour via Zoom: 9:30 am
Elementary Sunday School Class via Zoom: 9:30 am - Click here
Worship with Communion via Facebook - 10:30 am
Tues, Feb 9
|Pastors' Bible Study via Zoom: 5 pm|
There will be Lent @ Home kits available for each
family, beginning Monday, February 8. You don't want to miss out on this kit full of goodies to use throughout the Lenten season!
Plan to drive-thru the portico-chere on Saturday, February 13, between 10:00 and noon to pick up your
kit. We will also be making porch deliveries that afternoon if you are unable to pick one up. Please email Lisa (email@example.com) if you would like to request a porch delivery for that afternoon or to arrange to pick up your kit from the church on Monday, Feb 8 - Wednesday, Feb 10 between 10-12 pm.
SAVE THE (LENTEN) DATES!
Fat Tuesday/Shrove Tuesday Virtual Pancake Supper via Zoom- February 16, 6:30-7:30 pm. Register here.
Ash Wednesday Worship Service- February 17, 7:00 pm- Worship service to premiere on Facebook and YouTube. Will be available to watch later.
Tea Conversations via Zoom- Sundays during Lent (2/21, 2/28, 3/7, 3/14, 3/21, 3/28), 9:30-10:15 am. Register here.
Maundy Thursday Worship Service via Zoom- April 1, 7:00 pm. Click here. Will be available to watch later.
Good Friday Tenebrae Service- April 2, 7:00 pm - Worship service to premiere on Facebook and YouTube. Will be available to watch later.
Have you had your COVID vaccination yet? We are trying to gauge the number of members who have received the vaccine so that we can plan church activities accordingly. Please email Lisa and let her know once you have been vaccinated.
CONGREGATIONAL MEETING RECORDING
Did you miss Sunday's Congregational Meeting? If so, click here to access a recording of the meeting. The packet for this meeting can be found here.
We're halfway through the Love God, Love Neighbor challenge. Keep on participating in loving actions and tracking your progress. It's not too late to take part!
Here's all you need to do:
1. Download the progress sheet by clicking here. Print this sheet (or pick one up at the Food Drive) to track your daily point earnings.
2. Let Lisa Carter know that you're taking part (There's a small surprise for every person that participates).
3. On Sunday, February 14, tally up all of your points and email your final score to Lisa! (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The season of Lent opens the door to countless opportunities; one of these is contributing to One Great Hour of Sharing (OGHS). One Great Hour of Sharing is the single, largest way that Christians come together every year to work for a better world. In the coming weeks watch for more information about OGHS.
The Mission Ministry sends a big thank you to our generous congregation for providing help to many people this Christmas season. This is what you have accomplished:
- $1,965.00 in donations to Joy Offering.
- 30 wishes fulfilled from the Angel Tree for PCHAS children
- 123 hoodies donated to children at Terrace Elementary, Mark Twain Elementary and Network.
- $3,100 raised in partnership with West Plano Presbyterian Church for the Huejotitan orphanage.
- 129 clothing items donated to One Man's Treasure.
- $875 in gift cards donated to PCHAS, Network, and One Man's Treasure.
- 4,758 pounds of food donated to the Network in the drive-thru days since September.
We have tried to serve God's children in the best way we can during this pandemic, and you have made that possible. We thank God for our faithful members and friends.
These are our special February birthday!!
Nettie Elliott will celebrate her
95th birthday on Feb 9.
Betty Kastendieck will celebrate her
97th birthday on Feb 17.
If you should need a new FPCR member directory, please email email@example.com.
Our prayers of sympathy and support are extended to the family and friends of:
Reese Mathieu Jr. (Martha's father-in-law)
who died on January 13, 2021
Sandy Keiser, who died on Jan 9, 2021
Martha Jo Bellah, who died on January 4, 2021
Lin Hawkins, who died on January 30, 2021
On Thursday, February 11, our Evening Women's Circle will begin a new study, guided by Pastor Rosy, with selected chapters from Brian McClaren's book "We Make the Road by Walking." The book is available to order via Amazon Smile or Thriftbooks.
Evening Circle gathers via Zoom at 6:00 PM on the second Thursday of the month. Sharing and fellowship are first, followed by the study lesson at 6:30 to 7:30-ish, then closing with prayers. ALL FPC friends are cordially invited to join, from anywhere! Please contact Linda Yeager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Pastor Rosy in advance to receive the Zoom meeting link and the chapter assignments for the study.
If you have not made a pledge for 2021, you still can!
Even though our 2021 stewardship campaign has come to an end, there is always an opportunity to submit a pledge. Click here
to complete an annual estimate of giving today.
For giving and pledges, click the link below or mail your offerings. If you use a bank auto-draft for any pledges or giving to FPCR, be sure to update our new address with your bank.
First Presbyterian Church
PO Box 831985
Richardson, TX 75083
If you are currently not a member and would like more information on membership, please contact email@example.com.
CALLING ALL PRAY-ERs!
If you would like to receive the church's prayer
concerns list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An updated list will be emailed each week.
TEACHERS FOR THE
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
Recognizing the unusual and demanding challenges teachers face this school year because of COVID-19, we want to identify and pray for FPCR members (or family members) who are teaching this year. Our developing list of names is below. Please lift them in your prayers and email any additions to Lisa@fpcrichardson.org
- Charlie Anderson - RISD (Latin)
- Judy Bozone - Texas A&M Commerce (Music Theory)
- Sarah Mathieu Burdick - Lamplighter School (Pre-K)
Josh Carter (Lisa's son) - Dallas College (Game Technology)
Kathy Crouch (Howard Kent's daughter) - RISD (Elementary)
- Mary Mathieu Farrington - RISD (Counselor)
- John Fattaruso - SMU (Physics)
- Andy Forisha - United States Naval Academy (Math)
- Kate Forisha - Plano ISD (Administrator)
- Stephen Forisha - Carrollton Farmers Branch ISD (Math)
- Nancy Freeman - Mesquite ISD (Science)
- Katie Gassensmith - Frisco ISD (Music
- Wayne Geyer - Texas A&M Commerce Graduate Assistant
- Lyna Colbaugh Gonzalez - RISD (Librarian)
- Julia Haun - UTD (Interdisciplinary Studies)
- David Hughes - Frisco ISD (Math)
- Jessica Fandrick Kirkland - Allen ISD (3rd Grade)
- Valerie Lormor - Austin ISD (Kindergarten)
- Sarah Rowley - DePauw University (History)
- Stefani Stewart - GISD (Special Ed)
- Barbara Sucher - RISD (Counselor)
- Shannon Talley - Dallas College, Richland Campus (Vocal Music)
- Sarah Wright - RISD (Substitute)
Front Line Healthcare Workers
Treating COVID-19 Patients
Patrick Hammontree - Physical Therapist for Urgent Care Patients and COVID screener at Medical City
Madeline Katz (granddaughter of Suzanne Katz) - nurse on COVID-19 wing at Baylor/Dallas
Dr. Jeff Gotts (son of Ernie & Lindy Gotts) - MD in the ICU of Univ. of CA, San Francisco
Marcia Franzen (daughter of Beverly & Marty Gallagher) - nurse on COVID-19 ward in Stockholm
Ally Stilwell (Pastor Rosy's best friend) - infectious diseases pharmacist in Brooklyn, NY
Jack & Tracy Childress (Lisa Carter's brother & sister-in-law) - ER Dr. and nurse in Gainesville
Bekah Leon (Colleen Oates' niece) - ER nurse in Wilmington, DE
Morgan James (Jenny's husband) - RN at Children's Medical.
Karen Scott (Charlie Bross' daughter) - Speech Therapist in a nursing home COVID unit
Lily Agwe - Healthcare First Responder, Highland Springs
Click on items below:
Please check the website
later in the week for bulletin and hymns.
Present Word Sunday School
Prophets in Pajamas
Sunday - 9 am
Click below to
God calls us in covenant through our faith to worship and do justice. Join us as we study Scripture that will hopefully make your own call become more clear.
Sunday - 9:30 am
or go to:
Pastors' Bible Study
Tuesday - 5:00 pm
2/7 - Lesson 3
2/14 - Lesson 6
2/21 - Break
2/28 - Break
3/7 - Lesson 4
3/14 - Lesson 5
3/21 - TBD
to join class.
for additional Zoom info.
Did you know FPCR has a YouTube page with our worship services? Subscribe to be notified anytime there is a new video uploaded.
to view FPCR's YouTube page.
If you are interested
are a great way to start your day!
(Parents Night Out)
There will be no First Friday offered until further notice.
Watch this space for updates.