At our Annual Conference we announced the development of an Apprenticeship Program to help train the future workers of the water and wastewater industry. Well, it's finally time for the program to get going.
Starting in January of 2020, apprenticeship training classes will be available for utilities that have signed up to be partnered employers. To be a partnered employer, please fill out the agreement found at our website linked here. The classes will be held two days a month either at our offices located in Tallahassee or at our warehouse in Cairo, GA, depending on the number of apprentices.
We are also offering a discounted price to the first round of apprentices. This discount applies to the earliest of participants. In order to be eligible, a system must have an employer agreement on file and provide the name(s) of the apprentice(s) to FRWA. We are currently pursuing funding to help reduce the cost of the program going forward, more details to come.
Eligible apprentices must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Age: Apprentices must be at least 18 years of age, or older.
- High School Diploma: Apprentices must have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Driver's License: Apprentices must have a valid state issued driver's license.
- Drug Test: Apprentices must take and pass a drug test.
- Background Check: Apprentices must pass a background check.
We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to advance your career or the career of one of your employees.