Ft. Myers Metro-McGregor Kiwanis
PO Box 61104
Ft. Myers, FL 33906
(239) 940-3893 Club President
called to order by President Rachel Toomey. Total attendance: 22, members-13, guests-7 Key Club members plus advisor Margaret Kemp. Bruce Boyd, Div 19 Foundation Trustee.
Bob Adamski won the 50/50 today.
Bill Grant checked from N. Carolina by email and wishes everyone a nice summer.
President Rachel, Bruce Boyd and Paul Weinstein.
Steve Hess and wife Deb send greetings from the Neuschawanstein Castle in Germany
19th-Shana Del Castillo
- Batter Up! July 30 is a "Fifth Tuesday" Social. We have reserved an air conditioned box to sit in and enjoy a Miracle Baseball game. Sign up with Lindsey email@example.com or at the meeting. Remaining tickets are first-come, first-served. Cost is $15 and includes ticket and popcorn. There will be beverage and food specials 2-for-1. Please pre-pay Todd.
- Division 19 Foundation Trustee Bruce Boyd presented us with patches at our meeting today; FL Foundation supporter and Honor Club for 100% Sustaining Membership. The FL Kiwanis Foundation is the fundraising arm of Kiwanis. One of the ways they help is by supporting Key Clubs. Clubs can write for mini-grants annually and eligible to write for major grants every 3 years.
- All the dining books we printed are out. Please bring back those you were unable to sell so we can offer them to others.
Steve Hess, chair.
There a sign up sheet at the meeting and you can sign up by email with Rachel or Todd while Steve is out.
- Pine Island-4 members volunteered with this club on July 13th for Mango Fest.
Thank you Rachel and Matt Toomey (and Adam and Sadie) and Todd and Erin for volunteering. Proceeds from the event will help build a playground for children on Pine Island.
- LaBelle-4 members are going to attend their meeting on August 6th at 5:30pm. The meeting is at Beef O' Brady's. Todd is organizing a carpool if interested. Thanks Connie, Karen, Todd and Linda for going.
- Sanibel-Meeting is 1st or 4th Tuesday. 7am breakfast, 8am meeting at the Dunes. Date options; July 23, Aug 6, Aug 27, Sept 3, Sept 24. We have two members that can attend on July 23rd (we need 2 more members). Carpooling available.
School Supply Drive-We are collecting school supplies again for Littleton Elementary. We have a list of specific items that are the most needed:
#2 pencils (any brand but Ticonderoga is the best), pencil cape erasers, glue sticks, dry erase markers, highlighters (any color), pens-blue, black or red (any brand), wide-rule loose leaf paper and colored pencils. Bring them to a meeting
on or before August 6th
. They will be delivered to the K-Kids faculty advisors on August 8. Don't want to shop? Others would be happy to do it for you, just make your donation to another volunteer.
MS Support Group
(Bill Grant), meets 3rd Thursday of each month at St. Hilary Episcopal Church. Please consider attending a meeting and learn about this project so we'll have more
back up volunteers. See Liz Ross over the summer months.
Literacy Buddy Sign up:
Calling all "buddies." It's time to sign up if you want to participate again this year. You will be paired with a child (age 4-5). Three times a year you will get a cute letter from your child and a few notes from his/her teacher describing the type of book they would like to have. You purchase the book and it goes to your child. You can learn more from members that participated in the past or our own Susan Block. Start by signing up:
In the section where it says preferred school write in Metro-McGregor Kiwanis Club.
Ronald McDonald House meal prep-August 7th is next meal. See Cathy Smith
SLP's (Service Leadership Programs)
(Karen Hurst) at LARC. Meets 2nd Tuesday at 8:30am, year-round. Next week's edition will have photos from recent service project.
FGCU. (Stewart Ross) On summer break.
Harris Segel) Collegiate High on FSW campus.
On summer break.
Barbara Hartman, Todd Adams, Ada Trapanese) Cypress Lake Middle School. On summer break.
K-Kids-(Kim Berghs) Littleton Elementary. On summer break.
Today's Program: Key Club from FSW Collegiate High
Today officers and members from the Key Club we sponsor came to speak to us. Last year they had 53 members. They are service oriented and do many of their projects as part of the meetings after school. Two of the members in this photos were in Builder's Club at Cypress Lake Middle School.The club did a beach clean up on July 5th, and past projects include making dog toys and cards for children in the hospital. The FL Key Club Governor's theme for the upcoming year is environment related.
Thanks also to Harris Segel, club advisor. Thanks everyone for coming today.
Pictured above is faculty advisor Margaret Kemp (L) and Key Club members. Club President is on the far right.
Love A Child, Raquel Baugh
no formal meeting.
Committee meetings -11:30am, all members encouraged to come let your ideas be heard.
5th Tuesday Social at Miracle Baseball. Game at 7pm. Box access at 6pm.
July speaker chair
Human Trafficking Awareness, Lauren McCraney
Board meeting, 6pm at Ada's (note date change)
Jeanne Nealon, Laces of Love
Eva's Closet, Jessica Goodall
August 27th-Sharalyn Clark, Pine Manor United Way House/Goodwill
August speaker chair
Shana del Castillo
Where/when we meet: 11:30am on Tuesdays at Shoeless Joe's in the Crowne Plaza, 13051 Bell Tower Drive, Fort Myers 33907
"Kiwanis is a global
organization of volunteers
dedicated to improving the
world, one child and one
community at a time."
Fort Myers Metro-McGregor
President-Elect: Lindsey Lenhart
Treasurer: Todd Adams
Secretary: Kim Berghs
Immediate Past President: Liz Ross
Lt. Governor-Elect is Tina Pegler
Governor Steve LeBlanc
Governor-Elect is Allen Yergovich
President Florencio "Poly" Lat from the Philippines.
President-Elect is Daniel Vignerom
DCON (District Convention)
August 15-18 in Orlando.Early bird registration until 7/26.
Annual Holiday Party
Please save year-round...
Aluminum pull tabs for K-Kids
for Ronald McDonald House. To Kim during the school year.
To Cathy over the summer.
for Builder's Club, give to Barbara Hartman year-round.
Plastic bottle caps to Todd for Buddy Benches
Our club charter date:
July 23, 1980
Todd Adams, Chair