First United Methodist Church Brewton
Join us for our Lenten Sermon Series….
March 11, 2018
March 18, 2018
March 25, 2018 (Palm Sunday)
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - TODAY:
- Dinner @ 5:30-6:00pm (choice of soups, corn meal muffin, roll, crackers, & dessert) $5/person or $20/family
- Bible study: (fellowship hall) 6:00pm
- Youth (Youth room) @ 6:00pm
- Children --(Preschool, K-3, and 4th-6th) @ 6:00pm
- Adult Choir: 6:15pm
Sunday, March 11, 2018:
- Sunday School @ 9:45am
- Morning Worship @ 10:50am
- Youth Small Groups @ 6:00pm (Youth rooms)
hildren’s Easter Egg Hunt
– March 17
Nursery-6th grade children and their parents are invited to Celina & McGowin Miller’s house (511 Belleville Ave.) on Saturday, March 17th for of fun and fellowship. Bring your Easter basket and a friend!
If you are able, please bring one dozen plastic, individually-wrapped, pre-stuffed eggs to church by Wednesday, March 14th. We need several dozen eggs to make this a fantastic event.
Honor or memorialize a loved one or friend by placing a lily in the sanctuary
on Easter Sunday
The cost is $13 per lily and the order forms will be in the bulletin on
Sunday, March 11th
. If you do not receive an order form, please contact the church office during the week.
Deadline to order is Monday, March 26th.
Calling Servant Leaders....We need children's volunteers for Sunday mornings & Wed. nights:
We are looking for volunteers to help with Preschool and K-3rd Sunday School classes on Sunday mornings as well as Wednesday night children's classes. If you are interested, contact the office or email
Communities of Transformation
Meets every Tuesday @ 5:30pm in the fellowship hall. All are invited to
attend and encouraged to invite others to participate in this life-changing ministry in our community. Contact
Shae Hines (COT Coordinator) for more information at 334-467-8801.
Wednesday, March 7th:
Children's Council Meeting @ 5 PM in the Parlor
Friday, March 9th - Saturday, March 10th
: Exit 456 Retreat (
Leaving the church at Noon on Friday
- Parents remember to send a note with your child to school about checking out early on Friday!
Wednesday, March 14th:
Youth Council Meeting @ 7 PM in the Youth Room
Friday, March 16th:
I Can Only Imagine-Youth Movie Night in Pensacola@ 7:15pm (Contact Jamie for more info)
Saturday, March 17th:
Easter egg hunt @ the Millers' at 11am (511 Belleville Avenue)
Tuesday, March 20th:
Circle I @ 9:30am @ Floy Lang's home (102 Strandell)
Friday, March 23rd
: All youth invited for breakfast at Whataburger, March b'day celebration @ 7:15am
Friday, March 23rd
: First deposit due ($79) for youth mission trip to Clarksville, GA (June 3-9, 2018)
Sunday, March 25th
: Palm Sunday (Children's palm procession and Children's choir will sing)
Sunday, April 1st
: Easter Sunday (Sunrise service, breakfast, flower cross and Easter worship)
Sunday, April 15th:
Youth Sunday and Spaghetti Luncheon Fundraiser for missions ($10/plate)
New Prayer Concerns for Our Church Members:
Earl Lambert, Carolyn Langham
Ongoing Prayer Concerns from Our Church:
Linda Fuqua, Jenny Golson, Kitty Luttrell, Danny Golson, Louise Joyner, Jennifer Gaugler, Cosby Martin
Friends & Family of Church Members:
Jordan Madison, son of Heath Madison; Merrily York, wife of Rev. Shawn York and friends of the McCulloughs; Kelsie Padgett, granddaughter of Larry & June Padgett.; Frank Cobb, uncle of Jim Hart; Mary Pope, friend of Ann Scott; Sammie McGlothren; Jason Guin, son-in-law of George Aust; Nancy Watson, aunt of Jodi Jernigan; Edith Raines, wife of Bernie Raines, Pastor of Cedar Hill United Methodist Church; Kaitlynn Kelly, cousin of Rene Mathews; Pastor Monica Guipe, friend of Bob & Ellen Hayes; Ray McCullough, uncle of Tony McCullough; Bill Driskell, father of Melissa Coleman.
Ongoing Prayer Concerns from the Community:
Alex Madison, friend of Sandi Carlson; Thomas Winkler, son-in-law of Barbara Page, Crawford Pernici, child of Margaret & Michael Pernici, Michael McFadden, brother of Verna Herdman; Nikki Edwards, daughter in law of Mike Edwards; Trudy Townsend, mother of Tammi Deatherage..
Please check for ongoing prayer concerns on the back of your monthly church calendar
Partner Churches in Red Bird Missionary Conference:
Thousand Sticks UMC, Beach Fork UMC &
Lower Beach Fork UMC, Pastors Robert Amundson, Dan Griffiths
Partner Church in Cameroon:
The Hope United Methodist Church, Pastor David Njie.
Missionaries in Cameroon
Rev. Dr. Andrew Molindo
Others in Foreign Missions:
Ben Roberts, brother of Tom Roberts.
Carter Kelly, The Naval Nuclear Power Training Command, Goose Creek, South Carolina;
Corey Rilling, Barksdale AFB, LA; Tyler Hyde, Kuwait.
Matt Wall, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Grover Smith, Monte McGougin, Dylan Byrd, Heath Madison
2018 Holy Week Schedule
Monday, March 26th @ Noon
St. Maurice Catholic Church (Speaker: Rev. Cavin Cawthon @ FBC)
Tuesday, March 27th @ Noon
First Baptist Church (Speaker: Rev. Parker Johnson @ FPC)
Wednesday, March 28th @ Noon
First Presbyterian Church (Speaker: Rev. Patrick Madden @ SMCC)
Thursday, March 29th @ Noon
St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (Speaker: Rev. Tony McCullough @ FUMC)
Good Friday, March 30th @ Noon
First United Methodist Church (Speaker: Rev. Jo Popham @ SSEC)
EASTER SUNDAY @ FUMC
Casual Sunrise Service
Breakfast by Methodist Men
Decorating the Flower Cross
Easter Worship Celebration
Sundays @ FUMC:
Children's Classes at FUMC (Preschool - 6th Grade)
Sunday Mornings at 9:45 am
(Preschool, K-3, and 4th-6th)
Wednesdays at 6:00 pm
(Preschool, K-3, and 4th-6th)
Our Wednesday night theme for March is “Jump Ball: Finding Peace in the Madness.” When Jesus died and then rose from the dead, He paid the price for everything that was wrong and unfair in this world. Because of Jesus, we can have peace. We don’t have to get even. Instead, we can reflect the character of Christ by caring for others and making peace.
Youth Classes (7th Grade and Older)
NEW SUNDAY SERIES – “Stressed Out” will help us discover that with God, it’s possible to live a life defined by freedom rather than stress
Sunday Mornings @ 10:00am
– Breakfast and Scripture Study
Sunday Evenings @ 6:00pm
– Supper and Small Group Study ($2 Donation Requested)
Wednesday Evenings @ 6:15pm
– Worship with Music & Devotion
Sunday school classes & small groups meet weekly @ 9:45am
- Oasis Class (40’s-60’s) (Oasis classroom behind sanctuary) This Sunday School class, led by Anne Rilling, Madeline Hildreth & Tammi Deatherage.
- Couples class (20’s-50’s) (Parlor) This small group, led by Melanie and Matt Sasser, will meet weekly to develop significant Christian relationships centered on the study and application of God's Word.
- Faith-in-Action (Aldersgate classroom) This is a women's class that focuses on study and conversation centered upon current issues growing to become firmly grounded in faith.
- Senior Adults - Aldersgate class (Library) This class utilizes the Adult Bible study curriculum and is lecture style
- Co-Ed Adults (55+) – John Douglas class (John Douglas classroom) This class utilizes the Adult Bible study curriculum and is discussion style
- Adults (60+) - Oxford class (Oxford classroom) This class is a Bible study and is discussion style
- Adults (50+) – Wesley Bible class This class utilizes the Adult Bible study curriculum and is lecture style
Stay up-to-date with FUMC Updates to your cell phone via text message!
Join one or more of the 3 FUMC Remind groups via Remind app:
- FUMC Children’s activities and updates: text @childfumc to 81010.
- FUMC Youth activities and updates: text @youthfumc2 to 81010.
- FUMC General Updates: text @umcbrewton to 81010.
Get CONNECTED…Volunteer Opportunities (WE NEED YOUR HELP):
Sunday morning greeters
– weekly at 9:30-9:45am and 10:30-10:50am [need 4-6 for side door and parking lot]. Contact the church office if you would like to serve!
Nursery volunteers needed!
Join the nursery ministry team today and assist in the nursery by reading books, playing with children, greeting parents and helping in many other ways. We strive to have at least one volunteer in the nursery each week with the nursery staff and hope you will consider this volunteer opportunity.