In recognition of the challenges faced by many families with children enrolled in schools with distance learning requirements, the Community Foundation of the Virgin Islands (CFVI) is pleased to offer grants to support virtual learning. The purpose of the CFVI’s Virtual Learning Support Grants is to encourage and bolster initiatives that increase educational equity and opportunity, responding to student needs associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. Specifically, funding is intended to provide eligible entities with resources needed to safely and effectively support students who may otherwise not be able to complete required learning activities.
Priority will be given to entities who demonstrate the ability to serve students of lower-income families, essential workers, and other families experiencing COVID-related challenges.
- Grants will range from $1,000 to $10,000.
- Eligible entities include: Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status (the use of an eligible fiscal sponsor is allowed); churches and houses of worship; and local government agencies
- Applicants must demonstrate understanding and willingness to follow local and national safety and sanitation protocols.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a decision/notification made within 2 weeks of a completed application being received.
- Applications will be accepted through September 30th.
- Applications from organizations with reports past-due to CFVI will not be considered.
Examples of acceptable grant fund use include (but are not limited to):
- Purchase of equipment/technology to facilitate remote enrichment experiences for youth
- Fees/salary support for personnel
- Food and drink for students
- Providing technology tools for students who need such tools to participate in remote enrichment/learning programs
- Purchase of personal protective equipment (PPE) for staff/participants of programs that will be meeting with youth in-person
- Support for overhead costs, such as rent and utilities
Applications must be submitted using the application in CFVI’s online grant portal. All returning applicants should log in using their previously created account. All new applicants must create a new account.
Questions should be directed to Beth Nuttall, CFVI Executive Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.