The Illinois Arts Council Agency (IACA) is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the 2020 Artists Fellowship Program. The program's intent is to enrich and strengthen the state of Illinois by supporting accomplished Illinois artists who are the foundation of Illinois' creative environment. The Artist Fellowship Program recognizes exceptional artists who have created a substantial body of work throughout their career by providing awards to support continued artistic growth.
The IACA will provide a limited number of $15,000 awards across the following discipline categories:
- Ethnic and Folk Arts
- Interdisciplinary/Computer-Based Arts
- Visual Arts
- Visual-Based Arts (Installation, Mixed Media, Painting, Graphic, Drawing)
Next application cycle (FY21), the discipline categories of Literature (Poetry, Prose, Scriptworks), Media Arts (Audio Art, Digital Art, Film, Video), Music Composition, Performance-Based Arts (Choreography, New Performance Forms) will be reviewed.
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be current legal residents of the state of Illinois and have been for the twelve months prior to the application deadline
- Have created a substantial, independent body of work over at least a five year professional arts career
- Have made a recognized contribution to their discipline through public presentation of their work
- Demonstrate a high-aesthetic level of artistic ability with a strong consistency of expression throughout their professional arts career
- Provide evidence of continued commitment to serious and exceptional aesthetic investigation in his or her chosen medium
The FY2020 Artist Fellowship application deadline is October 31, 2019, 11:59 pm; the awards will be announced in the spring of 2020.
An Online Webinar will be available for applicants on Wednesday, October 2, 2019, 2:00 PM Central Daylight Time. Pre-registration is required.