The Police Department is currently hiring and encourages anyone interested to apply.
Applications can be picked up at City Hall, 1211 Washington Street, in the Human Resources Department, or you may visit
to download a copy of the application package. Individuals hired for police officer positions will be enrolled in the basic mandate training program by the City of Perry.
Minimum requirements for police officer applicants are as follows
- High school education or its equivalent as recognized by the GA Department of Education (Minimum GED score of 45 per section-total 225);
- Preference will be given, all other factors equal, to applicants with at least 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours of college credits from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum age is twenty (20) years;
- Pass the required background investigation, voice stress analysis or polygraph examination, physical examination, and pre-employment drug test;
- Ability to meet current requirements set forth in the Georgia Mandate Law Enforcement Training Act Police Officer’s Standard Training Act;
- Willing to work in harmony with staff and on any shift assigned;
- Must be a U.S. citizen;
- Must have a valid GA Driver’s license