Greetings! December is just around the corner and the FCCC is preparing for our busiest winter season yet with eight performances over sixteen days in December!! We hope you will be able to join us for many of these wonderful events.
twenty-third annual Winter Concert
of the Fairfield County Children's Choir will take place on Sunday,
December 3, at 3:00 PM at the Klein Auditorium.
Highlights will include the Bach/Gounod
Ave Maria, He Shall Feed His Flock from Handel's Messiah, the final movement -
In Paradisum - from the Faure
Requiem, Hymn to Freedom by Oscar Peterson and
Songbird as performed by Eva Cassidy. Holiday selections will include
Deck the Halls, While By My Sheep, The Huron Carol, Angels We Have Heard On High, Victory With the Help of God, Zoltan Kodaly's setting of
Veni, veni Emmanuel and
One of the season's highlights will occur on December 9 when the Chamber Singers are featured in a full-length concert as part of the prestigious Music For Youth Concert Series. The concert takes place at 7:00 PM at St. Thomas Aquinas Church (1719 Post Road in Fairfield), one of the most acoustically splendid settings for a cappella music in Fairfield County. It is free and open to the public. This concert is highly recommended!
The FCCC Concert Choir will perform in Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Snowflakes from the Nutcracker ballet with the Norwalk Symphony Orchestra on Saturday, December 16 at 5:00 PM at the Norwalk Concert Hall. Maestro Jonathan Yates will conduct the program. This will be FCCC's fourth performance with the NSO since 2013!
The FCCC Chorus will take part in an exciting show with The New Paradigm Theater, which will present a Radio City Holiday-type show with professional Broadway performers on December 16 & 17 at the Fairfield Theater Company.
The FCCC is in our third year of a
community service project
involving our choristers in caroling events. On December 11 the FCCC Chorale will perform at the Carolton Chronic & Convalescent Hospital
On December 13 the FCCC Chamber Singers will
travel by bus to the Bridgeport Women's Shelter, Operation Hope and other locations to sing holiday songs and spread good cheer.
We hope that our singing brings many smiles and warm hearts to the chill of December.
Looking ahead to 2018 we have the following exciting performances:
- On February 3 our Broadway concert will include medleys from
Bye Bye Birdie, Cats and The Music Man.
- In March we will be busy! On March 3 our Chamber Singers will perform the sublimely exquisite
Requiem of Gabriel Faure with the Greater Bridgeport Symphony Orchestra.
- On March 13 the Duke University Chorale will join the Chamber Singers in a joint concert at Greenfield Hill Congregational Church at 7:00 PM. Many thanks to FCCC alum Katherine Waugh for arranging this event. (She will also be performing!)
- On March 24 the FCCC will join forces with the Greater Bridgeport Youth Orchestras for a fund-raising concert we call
Kids4Kids at the Bernhard Center, University of Bridgeport, at 7:00 PM.
- The Chamber Singers will again perform for the Fairfield Holocaust Commemoration Ceremony in April, one of the most important events we undertake.
- Our Spring Concert will take place on May 12 at the Klein Auditorium, featuring guest artist Nick Page.
Please join us!!!