Thank you to all the Parents, School Staff, and Community for your ongoing support for the MTMS PTO fundraisers. The PTO fundraisers help support programs and activities which help to promote the welfare of the children in school, home and community. This is accomplished through the united efforts of all the parents and the entire Middle School staff. Without your support, we would not have been able to bring all those extras to our students!
Below are just some of the events/activites that the MTMS PTO has funded through the school year:
- Upgraded the speaker system in the gym (which is used for pep rallies, graduation, etc. Cost of $20,000)
- 2 Scholastic Bookfairs enhanced the building and classroom Libraries
- 7th and 8th Grade Dances (free admission for all students)
- A Bingo Night for 6th and 7th grade students (free admission for students participating)
- 8th Grade Volleyball Madness
- End of PARCC Treat (Four Boys Ice Cream) for all students
- Student ID Lanyards for 6th grade students
- 7th and 8th Grade Play Playbill
- MTHS High School Scholarships for 2 former MTMS students
In addition, the PTO Grant committee approved the following 2 grants for this school year: 1) $800 for the Cooking with Friends Group. The goal of this group is to continue to build connections for our self contained classes with the general education classes by cooking some treats together. 2) $575 for banners for Band and Jazz to be used at in and out of school district performances.
As a reminder, please continue to help us fundraise through the summer by continuing to clip box tops and shop through our Amazon link on the website at
. These are simple ways to help us raise some extra dollars.
Good luck to our 8th graders as they move on to High School! We wish them all the best as they continue on their future endeavors!
Have a safe and happy summer!