I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession
and thanksgiving be made for everyone. I Timothy 2:1
From our MNA Vision Statement...
ission to N
merica exists to celebrate the gospel of Jesus in the US and Canada by coming alongside the local and regional church in church planting
, missional partnerships
and church renewal
Prayer is essential to discovering the will and call of God in fulfilling this vision, as well as appropriating the necessary power for carrying out this call. As we partner together in prayer and in ministry, by God's grace, we will be used by Him to fulfill this great vision.
Here you will find prayer requests for the current quarter. Please join with us at MNA in praying for these churches, our dedicated church planters and other ministries God is using to extend His Kingdom here in North America.
Church Planter Scott McDowell of
Lighthouse Church in
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada in praying for the growth of the gospel in Victoria and the establishment of multiple evangelical church plants within the city. Pray for Lighthouse as they nominate elder candidates this fall and begin elder training. Pray for new attendees to assimilate into the gospel community and smaller discipleship groups, with the goal of multiplying outreach efforts and including nonbelievers in the groups.
MNA African American Church Planting Ministries Coordinator Wy Plummer:
- for the planning, logistics, fund raising, and registration for the Leadership Development Resource Weekend (LDR).
- for the LDR weekend event meeting August 31-September 2.
- for us as we think and plan the future of the MNA African American ministry.
Please keep in prayer
Church Planter Jason Stryd, who serves with
Christ the King Presbyterian Church in
Boston MA in outreach to the Albanian community of Boston Metro. Praise God for the inroads and open doors among the 50,000 Albanians in the area who are largely unreached and unserved by existing churches and ministries. Pray for the ESL classes this fall that provide a way to demonstrate the love of Jesus in Word and Deed, that the Lord will raise up volunteers to teach and serve. Pray also for Jason's encouragement and the equipping of the Albanian believers who are taking an active role in evangelism and outreach.
August 26-September 1
Please pray for
MNA Native American/First Nations Ministry Coordinator Jeb Bland, as well as the ministries and church planting work among indigenous people. In particular this month please remember:
- Josh Charette as he labors among Native Americans living in Billings MT.
- Pray for wisdom for the leadership as they begin a building project on two adjacent properties they just acquired; pray for additional funding needed.
- The new part-time oastor that Great Plains Gathering has called. He starts this summer.
- Chris Granberry and the work at Sacred Road Ministries. Summer is a very time with many short term teams coming in to serve the Yakama people living on the White Swan Reservation
- Pray for the Lord's timing in opening new full-time ministries on the Warm Springs Reservation in Oregon.
- Pray also for God to raise up a leader for this ministry.
- Joshua Tsavatewa (Native American) as he prepares for his ordination exam in September. He is in the Pacific Northwest Presbytery ministering at Sacred Road. He will become our second ordained Native American Pastor.
Please be in prayer for Mosaic Church in Albuquerque NM, under the leadership of Church Planter Adam Viramontes. In the middle of their third year as a church plant, the Lord continues to grow and mature their body. Five elders are in training and excelling in that process. Please pray for these men whom God is preparing to lead and shepherd his people. Also, please be in prayer for a permanent facility. The church is still mobile and under no pressure to move, but they long to have a more visible presence in their community in the near future.
Church Planter Mark Horne of
Carolina Forest Presbyterian Church in
Myrtle Beach SC for their evangelism efforts. Pray that God will open many doors to speak the Good News to non-believers, agnostics, and prodigals. Pray that God will provide families and individuals with missional hearts to come alongside them, be committed to the work, and have a desire to see this new church flourish. Pray for an increase in donor commitments.
MNA Refugee and Immigrant Ministry Director Pat Hatch asks that you pray:
- for more churches in the PCA to actively welcome, love and serve refugees, immigrants and international students in the name of Christ, in obedience to God's clear command.
- for more churches to invest in the recognition, discipleship, leadership training and support of refugee and immigrant believers, who can in turn help our congregations to better reflect the growing diversity of our communities and bear witness to the power of Christ to unify across cultural boundaries.
- for the timely and Spirit-led recruitment and training of future MNA Refugee and Immigrant Ministry leadership and staff.
Please pray for Church Planter Paul May, his wife Meaghan, and King's Cross Church in Ashburn VA. Ministry is exciting and growing as the church enters its third year, as is their family with the birth of their fifth child in February. Give thanks for God's goodness to King's Cross and the May family, and please also continue to pray for a harvest among the nations who have gathered in eastern Loudoun County, and for the provision each day of energy and gospel focus for the Mays.
Join with Church Planter Chad Grindstaff of Living Hope PCA in Fairfield Township OH as they hopefully are in the last stages of organizing as a particular church. Pray that the men who have been nominated and trained will be very clear in the calling the Lord has on their life. Give praise with them for how the Lord has blessed and guided the church over their first 6 years and that they will have wisdom for areas of ministry and service as they continue to seek to have a gospel impact on their community.
Please pray for
MNA SecondCareer Ministry Director Gary Ogrosky, as well as for the volunteers, staff, and church planters and ministries they are supporting. Specifically:
- Praise God for the work of our RV volunteers as they assist PCA ministries through MNA SecondCareer RV Outreach. Pray for their continuing work and safe travels.
- Pray that God will continue to work in the hearts of his people and lead many to volunteer their God-given talents in service to our PCA church planters and ministries.
- Pray that through God's leading, the ministry will grow in both prayer and financial support, so we will be able to better serve church planters and ministries.
- Praise God for our growing MNA SecondCareer staff and ask that he will continue to bring additional regional volunteer staff to MNA SecondCareer, enabling us to better serve our PCA church planters and ministries across the continent.
September 30-October 6
Please pray with Bridge Community Church of Easton PA and their Church Planter Mike Hollenbach for their short term efforts this fall as they seek to live united by Christ, to one another, for mission; for the next year as they continue to wrestle with the church's vision and direction; that over the next 5 to 10 years they will be a church that sees lives impacted by the gospel; that how they relate to one another in the community will give testimony to the gospel; and that their city and region will be transformed by the presence of the people of God and furthering of the kingdom of Christ.
Please join Church Planting Coordinator Ted Powers in praying for the work of gospel ministry in Canada:
- Pray for the leadership of church planting networks, including Grace Canada, and MNA Chairmen in church planting including the recent re-launch of an MNA Credentialed Assessment Center. Five couples were assessed in April. Ask that God will provide laborers for the harvest, and wisdom and resources for leaders to mentor and place them well and strategically.
- Pray for Church Planters Kyle Hackman (east side of Toronto), Kevin Rogers (Moncton NB) Scott McDowell (Victoria BC) and others laboring in Canada. Pray also that God will provide apprentices to come along side existing planters to learn from and expand the ministry of church planting. Specifically, ask God to provide a church planting apprentice to work with Scott McDowell in Victoria.
Pray for Church Planter Masato Murai of Grace Japanese Mission in Toronto, ON, Canada. Pray
that this mission will be self-supporting, and pray that their two elder candidates will be ordained in a year or so.
Pray for Church Planter Russell Jeffares and his wife Amanda with Vintage Grace church in Jacksonville FL as they move forward after a rough first year. The enemy has tried hard to derail them, but God has been gracious and faithful. Pray for continued growth and for them to find new ways to connect with people in the community. Also pray for their finances, as their network funding ends in October.
Pray with MNA Church Planter Recruiting Director Alan Foster that God will lead him to new men who will consider a call to church planting. Pray for his ability to place church planting candidates in needed locations and for him to be able to help those locations who are looking for a church planter.
Hispanic American Ministries Coordinator Hernando Saenz:
- for our PCA Hispanic churches and missions to continue with their strong commitment to discipleship and evangelism.
- for thirty churches and individuals to join our Ministry Support Team so we can place Hispanic Ministry Facilitators in five of the US cities with the largest Hispanic population by the year 2020.
Church Planter Charles Baudhuin
All Saints Church
Green Bay WI
for the following needs:
- for the mission team as they strive to serve the church and one another.
- for the Lord to continue to bring friends and visitors through the doors, and that the church will be a place of welcome that encourages connection and that is a safe place to ask questions.
- for the Lord's continued provision for the financial needs of the church.
October 28-November 3
Join Church Planter Jody Stancil of Riverside Community Church PCA in Cartersville GA in prayer for the Lord to provide a worship leader gifted in leading congregational singing. Pray that God will continue to bring people who have a heart for the mission of Riverside, specifically that new outreach opportunities will arise and bear fruit in reaching the lost. Pray for the Lord to provide men to serve as Elders and Deacons. Pray for Him to bring and raise up men with shepherding and servant hearts who will faithfully serve Christ, his flock, and the community well.
Church Planter Troy Albee of
Grace Presbyterian South Shore in
Hanover MA in praising God for unity and growth in their congregation. Please pray for additional staff to help with ministry to youth. Also, please pray for a fall vision and planning retreat with leadership.
Mission to North America
1700 N. Brown Road
Lawrenceville GA 30043
See what's happening on our social sites