2020 SMALL BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
2018 ANNUAL REPORT
Delta Dental of Colorado knows how important small business is to our state economy. After all, we're the only dental company owned and operated in Colorado for the past 60 years. Looking to make changes to your current dental plan? We continue to develop innovative plan designs and enhancements for the more than half a million small businesses in Colorado, we want to give you a sneak peek at what we'll continue to offer for our small business partners in our standard plans feature:
- Right Start 4 Kids®
- Coverage for children up to their 13th birthday at 100% coinsurance for diagnostic & preventive, basic, and major services, with no deductible, when in-network providers are seen (plan benefits may vary).
- No Waiting Periods
- Flexible Quoting
- Annual Maximum Customization
- Rate Guarantees
Read about our 60th anniversary celebration in the 2018 annual report available here.
WORKING WITH A DENTAL BENEFITS BROKER
Dental coverage is rated as one of the most important benefits by potential employees, making it a major part of strategy for recruiting and retaining top talent in a competitive hiring environment.
When you shop for dental coverage for your employees, a broker can save you time, money, and worry by helping you understand the details and the level of coverage you need.
What are the advantages of working with a broker?
A broker can take over the time-consuming work of researching your options for dental benefits. Because brokers aren't tied to one company, they can ideally provide you with impartial advice. A broker can focus on your unique needs, help you compare plans and work in your best interests. This allows the broker to look at more options to find the best value for the coverage, even if it isn't the lowest price option. Their experience in working with a variety of companies can help them gain a broader understanding of the offerings available.
How do I find a broker to work with?
Check the broker's reputation by asking for referrals and by contacting Colorado's insurance commissioner's office. Make sure to ask questions to see if they are a good fit for your company. For instance, find out if the broker is experienced in finding dental coverage for firms of similar size to your organization.
ESTIMATING YOUR DENTAL CARE COSTS FLYER
Planning for dental care costs is made easy with pre-treatment estimates and Delta Dental's cost estimator tool.
Find out how you and your team can use these tools with our new Estimating Your Dental Care Cost flyer. Download it
and share with your team!
FALL RECIPE: CHEESY BARBECUE-CHICKEN ZUCCHINI BOATS
Your employees and their families will love the cheesy flavor of these zucchini boats, so pass this recipe along. They're easy to prepare and make great leftovers. High in protein and teeth-strengthening nutrients, this melty meal is also low in carbs, which can lead to tooth decay.
4 medium zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
1½ tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves of minced garlic
½ red onion, diced
1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 cup low-sugar barbecue sauce
1¼ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Grease a 9x13 pan with olive oil.
- Scoop out centers from zucchini, leaving a ¼-inch rim to create boats. Place zucchini in pan and brush with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add ½ tablespoon of olive oil to skillet and place over medium heat. Add garlic and onions; sauté for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in cooked chicken, ½ cup barbecue sauce and ½ cup cheese. Spoon mixture evenly into zucchini boats.
- Top each with 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce and 1½ tablespoons cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until cheese has melted and zucchini is tender.