I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession
and thanksgiving be made for everyone. I Timothy 2:1
From our MNA Vision Statement...
ission to N
merica exists to celebrate the gospel of Jesus in the US and Canada by coming alongside the local and regional church in church planting
, missional partnerships
and church renewal
Prayer is essential to discovering the will and call of God in fulfilling this vision, as well as appropriating the necessary power for carrying out this call. As we partner together in prayer and in ministry, by God's grace, we will be used by Him to fulfill this great vision.
Here you will find prayer requests for the current quarter. Please join with us at MNA in praying for these churches, our dedicated church planters and other ministries God is using to extend His Kingdom here in North America.
Church Planter Porter Harlow of
Christ Presbyterian Church in
Burke VA (suburb of DC) is praising God for the "soft" launch of weekly morning services on June 2, 2019. Please pray for growth through outreach to friends and neighbors as they look towards a public launch on Sept 8, 2019. Please pray that the Lord will help them reach their financial support goal for the second year as he did during the first year.
Please pray for our 290 Military and Civilian Presbyterian and Reformed Commission on Chaplains and Military Personnel (PRCC) Chaplains, their families, their ministries, and those they serve. Specifically:
- Pray for the service men and women who are deployed and in harm's way, and for our Chaplains who are embedded with them, whose families experience the same long periods of separation. Pray for the families back home who have to live without their husband or wife, sometimes for up to fifteen months.
- We are holding our first ever New PRCC Chaplain Training Event September 11-13, 2019 at Bonclarken Conference Center in North Carolina. Please pray that many new PRCC Chaplains and their wives will be able to attend, and for our staff as we prepare to minister to them.
- Pray that we will continue to get many new Military and Civilian Chaplain applicants. The fields are indeed white unto harvest. We need more Chaplains!
Please join Church Planter Brad Beier of Living Hope Church in Chicago IL in rejoicing for God's provision in a dark and hard area of Chicago. Please pray for the safety of their family and congregation as violence increases due to the heat. Please pray for more families, including families with kids and mature believers who would make solid leaders. Also, lift up the many people in the community who are in crisis due to drug addiction, joblessness, abuse, and disease. Pray that the healthy will minister to the hurting and learn from them in the process.
Please pray with
Church Planter Danny Edwards-Luce of
Port Towns Church in
Bladensburg MD for their continued outreach efforts this fall. They hope to build on several events held throughout the summer to reach the apartments near where they meet for worship. Also pray for the return of the students from RUF - University of Maryland.
Church Planter Matt Morginsky at
Grace and Peace Church in
Denver CO in asking God to bring in people to hear the Gospel through their Christianity Explored class. Pray for new visitors and increased outreach and that people of color will feel welcomed and embraced. Please pray for increased tithing and external support.
Steve Bostrom, Ministry to State State Capitol Minister - Montana:
- Will Graham, Franklin Graham's 44 year old son, has chosen Helena to be the site for his Big Sky Celebration on September 6, 7, and 8 - the first whole city evangelistic outreach since Franklin came in 1995. Our local team needs prayer - and I lead the local team. We started last fall and have been working diligently. Pray for a good harvest - that Helena, now famous for state government, will become famous for the gospel.
- Pray for the monthly column I write for the local newspaper. I've been focusing on evangelism. Pray that the hearts and minds of many who read will believe the Gospel.
Praise the Lord with
Church Planter JP Sibley
for providing a place for
New City Fellowship
to begin morning worship this fall. They will begin meeting in the gymnasium at Southern Methodist College on September 8. Pray for them as they transition to a morning service. It's going to be a team effort. Ask the Lord for the financial provision to make some improvements to the gym before move-in. Pray that New City Fellowship continues to be God's building even as they move into a new building.
Hispanic American Ministries
- Pray fervently for 50 Hispanic pastors, 50 Hispanic churches and 50 Hispanic trainees in the PCA by the end of 2020.
- Hispanic people are the largest minority in the United States. Pray for adequate resources to plant Hispanic churches.
- Nearly one in four Hispanic converts to Christianity are former Catholics. Pray for more adult professions of faith.
Join with Church Planter John St. Martin of Resurrection Church in Fargo ND in praising God for one year of ministry in Fargo. The church continues to experience new growth as they have been holding monthly preview worship services and weekly Bible studies. Pray that God will continue to use these ministries to build up the church. Please pray for their financial needs in 2019-2020, especially for the Lord to raise up new churches and individuals to join their support team. Please pray also for their final preparations as the church will officially launch on September 22, 2019.
Please pray for MNA SecondCareer ministry staff, volunteers, and the church planters and ministries we are supporting. Specifically:
- Praise God for the work of our PCA RV volunteers as they assist PCA ministries through MNA SecondCareer RV Outreach. Pray for their continuing work and safe travels.
- Pray that God will continue to work in the hearts of his people and lead many to volunteer their God-given talents in service to our PCA church planters and ministries.
- Praise God for our growing MNA SecondCareer staff and ask that he smooth the transition to new leadership in MNA SecondCareer.
Join with Church Planter
of City Church in St. Petersburg FL in praising God for the nominations of their first class of officers. Pray that God will bless these men as they enter the next year of training. Please pray for City Church as they negotiate a semi-permanent home in the closed portion of the movie theater where they currently meet in. Pray that the finances and negotiations with AMC corporate will go well this fall. Praise God for a season of growth over the summer. Please pray for the church as they integrate these new families into the life of the church.
September 29-October 5
Hill Country Church in Killeen TX is a mission church located outside of Fort Hood, the largest military base in the world. Join Church Planter Joel Spence in prayer for our soldiers and their families. Pray that they will find Hill Country and will seek to live in the light of the gospel. Also pray that Hill Country will do everything possible to help those around them see the glory of the Lord.
Please pray for Engaging Disability With The Gospel and those touched by disability:
- Pray that our ministry trainings and resources will be used by God so that families and individuals touched by disability will grow in the grace and knowledge of God. Pray specifically that our newly-released children's catechism flashcards and classroom book would support adapted teaching in homes and churches.
- Pray that our congregations will grow in welcoming and enfolding individuals and families affected by disability. Pray that the love of Christ manifested in his people will strengthen them to "be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" (Rom 12:12).
- Pray for growing friendships between children, teens and adults with disabilities and their peers at church. Pray for opportunities for them to worship and serve alongside one another, with thanksgiving that God has placed the parts of the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be (1 Cor 12:18).
Join with Church Planter Rich Hong of Risen Church in Hayward CA in praising God for bringing the church plant to a soft launch in a new building with 25 adults and 10 kids this past June. Pray that God will continue to bring people who have a heart for the mission of Risen. Please also pray for the 35 dechurched and unchurched people who have visited their church will find their life and hope in God and their home at Risen. Lastly, please pray that Rich will be able to lead this flock under God's care with holiness, humility, compassion, and patience.
Join with Church Planter Eric Ashey of Parks Church PCA in Nashville TN in praising God for continued growth. Please pray that God will continue to bring and raise up leaders who have a heart for the mission of Parks. Please pray for wisdom, clarity, and enthusiasm regarding what God is doing in their neighborhood and how Parks Church can best serve. Pray for provision and protection for the staff and their families as they head into a new season this f
Please join Church Planter Chad Baudhuin of All Saints Church in Green Bay WI in prayer as they continue to seek the Lord's hand in becoming a people transformed by the gospel of grace. Please be in prayer for the new members who will be received during these next few months. Pray for their commitment as members to the church to prompt them toward love, compassion, and faithful presence to their neighbors, specifically neighbors who come from a traditional church background and are no longer connected to a church body. Pray for boldness in their witness and compassion in how they see and love those around them. Please pray for their new music coordinator, David, and their new church planting apprentice, Ben. Please also be in prayer for their TableGroups and Bible studies to be increased with nominal or non-believers.
October 27-November 2
Join with Church Planter Jarrett Allebach of Grace Presbyterian Church in Worcester MA in thanking God for being their help, the one to whom they lift their eyes (Psalm 121). Pray for conversions, that the many around them who do not know Christ will hear the gospel and be saved. Ask God to continue to raise up leaders for the church plant and that he will support Jarrett in equipping God's people for the work of ministry. Ask God to give them success in connecting with new college students, developing a tutoring program at a local elementary school, and furthering their global missions program.
November 3- 9
Join Church Planter David Young of Riverside Church in Beaumont TX in praising the Lord for His sustaining grace this past spring and fall. They have seen great spiritual growth and fervency, but they have also had to say goodbye to some families who have relocated. Please pray that the Lord will not only replace and replenish their presence, but that he will see fit to increase their congregation. They need more members so that they can reach further into this city. Pray that the Lord will raise up a full-time worship leader as well as a college ministry leader. The harvest is plentiful!
Please join Church Planter Troy Albee of Grace Presbyterian South Shore in Hanover MA in praising God for the recent growth, unity, and a heart for prayer in their congregation. Also, please pray for the logistics of moving through the process of organizing as a particular church over the next year.
Mission to North America
1700 N. Brown Road
Lawrenceville GA 30043
See what's happening on our social sites