As a reminder, Friday, August 21, 2020, is the last day to finalize payments or payment arrangements without late fees being assessed for the Fall 2020 semester. If you have not already done so, please make sure you have made all payments or set up a payment plan. Students who have an outstanding balance and have not made payment arrangements by August 21 could be disenrolled from the University for non-payment.
Information about payment plans can be found here.
If you are expecting financial aid and it is not showing in your BengalWeb, please contact the Financial Aid office at (208) 282-2756, email@example.com, or stop by our Pocatello office on the third floor of the Museum Building.
Idaho State will begin contacting students who have not paid in full or made payment arrangements starting Monday, August 24, 2020. If you are contacted, please let the staff member know whether you intend to remain enrolled, need to drop your classes, or if you need assistance setting up a payment plan. Staff can guide you through these processes and answer your questions.
Disenrollment can have serious consequences for students who intend to remain enrolled. If disenrolled, students may not be able to re-enroll in their courses.
You do not need to wait for someone to call you to resolve outstanding balances. You are able to sign up for a payment plan through Bengal Web if you have not already.
- Log on to BengalWeb and then go to the "Student Finances" tab. Click on "Enroll in Payment Plan." Proceed to TouchNet.
- Once you are in the TouchNet system, find the "Payment Plans" tab, and it will prompt you to enroll. Select “Enroll Now.”
- Under “Select Term,” choose the current semester. It will provide you with the available payment plan options.
- "Details" will give you a summary. For the actual due dates, under "Action," choose the option "Select."
- Select "Back" if you would like to go back and look at the other options, or select "Continue" if you feel that this plan suits your needs.
Students who need assistance setting up a payment plan should contact the Cashier’s Office at (208) 282-2900.
We are here to help you be successful! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have unique circumstances that should be considered.