I write to you today as a confirmed participant in UD’s Fall 2021 travel study programs. Please take the following immediate steps to ensure that your student accounts accurately reflect your status and plans:
1. Submit your vaccination record. As outlined in the CGPS email on June 24, students enrolled in Fall 2021 study abroad programs are required to be fully immunized and submit a valid vaccination record by August 15, 2021. In addition to vaccine clinics that are being offered by the University, the State of Delaware has created this website to help find and schedule vaccines. If you do not submit a vaccination record you will not be able to travel.
2. If you have been guaranteed on-campus housing for the academic year, log into the My Housing Portal, go to Forms, and select the Defer to Spring option from the drop-down menu. Students must submit deferral requests a minimum of 30 days prior to the first day of fall semester classes to avoid fees. By doing this, you will still be guaranteed a space on campus in Spring 2022 when you return from your travels. UD cannot guarantee a particular assignment, room type, or roommate, but having a space on campus eliminates the need to find a half-year option elsewhere.
3. If you intend to live on campus the following academic year (Fall 2022-Spring 2023), be prepared to apply for on-campus housing while you are abroad this fall. Check the Housing Assignment Services website for important dates and instructions.
4. Register in UDSIS for the UD equivalents of the courses you plan to take at your travel study site according to instructions from your Program Coordinator.
- It is your responsibility to register for a minimum of 12 credits.
See the course list, with appropriate study abroad sections, on your program’s website and refer to any course equivalency instructions provided by your program coordinator.
- CGPS will automatically register you for the Pass/Fail UNIV 373/371 (0 credit). You will be required to complete an on-line pre-departure quiz (part of the application process) and a program evaluation (through the course evaluation system) to receive a Pass grade in UNIV 373/371.
- All courses except UNIV 373/371 must be taken for a grade.
Once abroad, should you need to make changes to your fall course registration, you may do so via UDSIS. Please note that, by the end of drop/add, your UD (UDSIS) and registration at your travel study site must match. This is your responsibility.
Thank you for continuing to check your email daily for important updates regarding UD’s Fall 2021 travel study programs.
Interim Associate Director, Study Abroad