Fall Opening Clarification
July 28, 2020
Dear Boise Schools Parents, Guardians and Staff,
Over the last few days, there has been some confusion about what the start of the school year on August 17, 2020 may look like for students and families. On August 3rd, the Boise School District Board of Trustees will make the final decision whether all students begin school virtually or only those enrolled in Boise Online School.
- Enrolled in Your Neighborhood School
- Enrollment in your neighborhood school is recommended for families who prefer an in-person education environment with the understanding that school will be conducted virtually at times throughout the year if it is determined that in-person school cannot be conducted safely.
- Enrolled in Boise Online School
- Enrollment in the Boise Online School is recommended for families who do not want to have their child attend school in-person, under any circumstances during the first semester of the school year.
- Online enrollment for Boise Online School ends July 31st. After July 31st, please contact your neighborhood school to register for Boise Online School.
If it is decided August 3rd to have all schools open virtually, students currently enrolled in Boise Online School may choose to return to their neighborhood school. If you decide to unenroll from the Boise Online School, please notify your neighborhood school’s
as soon as possible. Once unenrolled from Boise Online School, students will need to commit to their neighborhood school for the full semester in order to appropriately staff neighborhood schools and the Boise Online School.
Boise School District Administration