- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Packaged Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Nutmeg
- 6-7 Cups Thinly Sliced Peeled Tart Apples
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Pastry for Double Crust Pie
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Large Egg
1: In a bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and spices; set bowl aside. In another bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. Add sugar mixture; toss to coat
2: Line a 9-inch pie plate with bottom crust, trim even with edges. Fill with apple mixture, brush with butter. Roll remaining crust to fit top of pie; place over filling. Trim, seal, and flute edges. Cut slits in crust.
3: Beat egg white until foamy; brush over crust. Sprinkle with sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil.
4: Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly,20-25 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.