Parkie Boley has been part of our Families First team for the past eighteen years. She is retiring at the end of this year to spend more time with her family and grandchildren. We are so grateful for the incredible generosity, wisdom, kindness and support Parkie has shared with us over the years, and wanted to take a moment to celebrate and thank Parkie. (Happily we will still see Parkie at some of our playgroups next year!) We invited parents and co-workers to share some thoughts...
Some things we learned from Parkie:
- You're never too young or too old for playtime! (Cindy)
- The importance of having a place and trusted person to openly discuss the joys and challenges of parenting. (Kate)
- How to see the good in all people, and how to be gracious. (Patty)
- So many things... one of which is perspective. By modeling the ability to remain positive, you helped me change my own perspective as to how I regard things and respond to them. (Brenda)
- Unconditional love. You were delighted to see every child and made everyone feel special when they walked through the door. (Tracey)
- We got calm and learned calm just by being around you. (Bob)
And this is a big THANK YOU from so many parents and co-workers (too many to name): "Thank you for leading by example, your genuine kindness, being an open source of information, and being so generously willing to share it. Thank you for your patience and gentleness when being asked the same parenting questions for the thousandth time, your dedication, compassion, and your spirit. Your unwavering, unmistakable, and sometimes unbelievable poise and grace in a wide range of situations over the years. You are one of a kind!"
We wish you all the best, Parkie, as you begin your next chapter!
XXXOOO, the Families First community