How is having a friendship with God different than having a friendship with someone else? How is it the same?
It can seem difficult to have a friendship with someone you can't see. Many people use letters, e-mail, and phone calls to stay in touch with friends they can't see face-to-face.
God talks with you; you can talk with Him; but how?
Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. (Jeremiah 33:3)
"CALL UNTO ME..."
How does God want us to call or talk to Him? Ask someone to read
Philippians 4:6. How many different ways can we speak to God?
- Prayer - Telling God about your day
- Supplication - Asking God for what you need
- Thanksgiving - Thanking God for what He has done
- Requests - Sharing your heart's desires with God
WHY DOES THIS MATTER:
Because God is a Personal Spirit, we can talk with Him. Every friendship starts with a conversation. We know that God hears us, and we know that He speaks to us. We will learn more about how to hear Him speak tomorrow.
Take a moment to let God know what kind of friendship you would like to have with Him, and thank Him that He sent Jesus to make that friendship possible. You can tell Him everything and ask Him anything!
- Prayer - What do you want to tell God about your day?
- Supplication - What would you ask from God right now?
- Thanksgiving - What are you thankful for today?
- Requests - What is bothering you today that you want God to know?