How much of God's Word proves to be true? 50%, 99%, 100%? (
Read the following quotes from Jesus. Fill-in the blanks below:
- John 14:31 - "As the Father gave me commandment, even so I ____"
- John 15:10 - "I have _____ my Father's commandments"
- John 17:17 - "Thy Word _____ truth."
- Matthew 4:4 - "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by _______ word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."
How would you describe Jesus' attitude about God's Word? (
God's Word is true in every way and worthy to live your life by it)
Matthew 4:3-10 when Jesus was facing Satan's temptations, Jesus even used God's Word as a weapon against temptation to sin. How many times did Jesus say, "It is written ...?" (
three times Jesus quoted the Bible as a weapon against the temptation to sin)
Jesus used the Bible as a compass to guide His life and decisions. He also used the Bible when facing temptation! It was His compass, and it is our compass too! The best way to know what truth is, is to know God's Word, the Bible. What can you do to know the Bible better?(
Read it, Study it, Listen to it taught, Memorize it. Share it with others)
WHY DOES THIS MATTER:
Because God is Totally Truthful, you can be confident that His Word, the Bible, is Totally Truthful. It is your compass when you are lost, your encouragement when you are sad or discouraged, and your source of advice when you don't know what to do.
Thank God for His Word, the Bible. Ask Him to help you see the lies of the enemy and use the truth of God's Word as your compass.
Instructions are provided below for a
!!. The template saves you some time but feel free to be as creative as you want, even if you want to make your own! The goal is to show how important it is that God is Totally Truthful.
Give your child a treasure map showing them where to start and how to find the treasure. After they have found the treasure, complete this application with the following questions.
- What if the instructions for the treasure hunt were wrong? Would you find the treasure? (No)
- What if the treasure wasn't there after you spent all this time trying to hunt for it?
- What is the Greatest Treasure that anyone could ever have? (friendship with God)
- What map do we have to guide us to being a friend of God? (the Bible)
A friendship with God is the greatest of all treasures and He wants us to find it!! You can count on God's Word to be totally Truthful because God is Totally Truthful. If you follow it's instructions you will always find the treasure!!! What are God's instructions for us in order to receive this treasure? (
We must each accept Jesus as Lord and Savior
If you or your child have any questions about finding the Greatest Treasure, reach out to
Florence Baptist Temple
and someone will help answer your questions.