God’s mercy does not end with the forgiveness of our sins. Look up as many of these additional mercies as you desire.
Luke 1:54; 1:72 - God has an eternal plan for Israel. He preserved them as a promised lineage for His Son. He continues His mercy towards Israel to fulfill all His promises.
Lamentations 3:22-23 - God daily renews His provision of compassion and faithfulness towards us.
John 8:32,36 - God delivers us and empowers us to break free from sin's daily control.
- As His children, He provides us an abundant life that is much more than
we deserve or could ever expect.
- Meaning, acceptance, purpose, and fulfillment in life are available.
- God grants us peace that is not dependent upon our circumstances.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
- God comforts us in every sorrow.
2 Corinthians 4:1
- God sustains us in fulfilling His ministry through us.
Philippians 2:27 - God grants physical healing to us.
- Being aware of all our trials and tribulations, God's grace, wisdom, and help are available anytime we ask.
Hebrews 12:6,11 - God will discipline us as a father disciplines his child, to protect us from ruin and provide for us a righteous walk.
James 5:11 - We have the strength and faith to overcome every hardship and doubt that we experience in life.
- The realization of all of God's mercies provides the proper motivation to serve Him.
God is truly rich in mercy towards us. How should you respond to His great mercy?
WHY DOES THIS MATTER:
Because God is merciful, I know I am forgiven through Jesus. Because God is merciful, I also know that His mercy continues to be available to me in amazing ways.
When was the last time you complained about how bad things were? When was the last time you thanked God for the countless ways He shows mercy towards you every day?
When we think of God's rich mercy and thank Him for each act of mercy towards us, our thoughts consider His great compassion for us. How can you remind yourself and others of God's rich mercy? How should you respond to others?