What does a king or queen have the power to do? (
Whatever he/she wants!)
Kings and queens are called "sovereigns" over the land they rule. This means that they are in control of the government and the people. They make the laws and no one can change them. No one is more powerful than the king or queen.
Do you know how a person becomes a king or a queen? How do kings and queens get their power? (
They are born into it or they conquer another kingdom.)
"For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth,
visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities,
or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:"
According to this verse, what do you think makes God King? (
He's supreme over everything; He created everything... even kings; everything was made for His Glory.)
Based on what we've learned about His other attributes, do you think God is a good King or a bad king? Why?
- Because God is All Powerful, there is no power greater than His and no one can conquer Him.
- Because God is Love and He is Just, no one loves us more deeply than He does, and no one is more Just.
- Because God is Holy and Righteous, every decision is right 100% of the time.
- Because God is Faithful and Merciful, we can be sure He will fulfill His promises and be merciful to us.
- Because God Knows Everything, He knows what's best.
There is no better King!
WHY DOES THIS MATTER:
God is the perfect Creator/King! There's no one else Who could be in total control!
Talk with God about how you feel about Him being your King.
Click on the image below for a larger version. Can you use the created things from the key to discover the message in this puzzle?