What's the largest jigsaw puzzle you have ever put together?
Imagine that every person in the world and every event that has ever happened as separate pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. Then the history of all the world would be a collection of all those puzzle pieces that forms a giant billion-piece jigsaw puzzle God is assembling. He alone can see the big picture - how it all looks from above.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
When the Bible says that we are God's "workmanship" it means that we are God's created work, a masterpiece, that He has prepared for a special purpose. He has gifted us with special abilities to use in the way He desires of us.
You are a unique piece of God's masterful puzzle. He has a role for you to fill and a purpose for you to complete.
What can you do with your piece of the puzzle?
- It is impossible for us to fully understand how our piece of the puzzle fits with all the other pieces of the puzzle.
- If you let God direct you, He will help you place your puzzle piece in the right place.
- God is not only big enough to see the whole picture, He created it.
What if you do not like your puzzle piece, or you do not like where God has you to put it?
- You must trust God and allow Him to lead you with His Word in what to do, where to go, and what to say.
And we know that all things work together for good to them that
love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
If you do not like your piece or God's placement of your piece, you have two options:
- Focus on yourself. If you choose to focus on yourself, the things you do not like will become obstacles that get in the way of getting what you want. You will be very angry and frustrated in life.
- Focus on God. If you choose to focus on God, then everything that happens to you is promised to be worked for His "good" in your life. Do what is right and trust Him that in the end, you will be grateful for following Him.
WHY DOES THIS MATTER:
Because God is the Creator/King, I can be sure that I am His masterpiece, and that He has a perfect plan for me! I will trust His plan for my life, even when it doesn't make sense to me!
Tell God about the things you like and dislike. Ask Him to help you see them as ways for Him to work His good and perfect will through your life. Then watch and praise Him for the work He does in and through you.
Dealing with Disappointment - When things don't go as planned remind your children about the story of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) and encourage them to focus on looking for God's plan rather than our plans. He's in control and His plan is the best!!