From this Bible Memory verse, what did God make? (
The heavens and the earth.)
What is too hard for Him? (
- What did God create? (Sun, moon, stars and all the planets)
- How large are the sun, moon, stars and planets?
- According to this verse, how did God create them? (He just spoke and it was so!)
Now that's great power! Can you imagine being there to watch God create these massive objects? All He had to do was speak the word and something was made from nothing!
Every time you see a plant or a tree, let it remind you of the power of God! When you think about how powerful God is, how does it make you feel?
Bill Bright said, "God is capable of doing anything - as long as it does not violate His other attributes. (
For example, He cannot lie, change, deny Himself or be tempted.) Otherwise, no task is too large or too difficult for Him. He never fails or gets tired."
WHY DOES THIS MATTER:
Because God IS the Biggest and Strongest, He never loses and He is never a victim. No one can stop Him from doing what He wants. No one and no thing is strong enough to beat God!
Do you know someone who has had a great relationship with God for a long time? Have your children pretend they are news reporters! Plan a time for them to "interview" the man or woman of God. Help your kids create questions like:
- What is your relationship with God like?
- How do you get to know God better every day?
- Tell me about some times when God answered your prayers.
- What evidence of God's power have you seen in your life?
- In what ways have you needed God's strength?
You can even encourage them to write an article from the interview. Don't forget to talk with your children and find out what they think was the most important thing they learned from the interview.