Some of you are looking forward to this Hallmark holiday and some of you may not be. I recently read an article that can help with creativity for those of you that choose to celebrate. I also have added some ideas for those who may not be excited about this day. Not everyone currently has someone to love. Please be mindful of those who may have a difficult time this coming weekend.
Enjoy the ideas below and hope you will find one or two that appeal to you.
Date Night Ideas
- Take a cooking class together
- Arrange an evening walking tour around town to visit landmarks that are unique to your town.
- If weather permits, arrange a sunset picnic with goodies that you both enjoy.
Daytime Date Ideas
- Meet another couple for lunch.
- Do a morning bike ride and stop at a favorite coffee shop.
- Visit a farmer’s market for ingredients and then use those ingredients in the evening for dinner.
- Fly a kite together.
- Do an activity you have never done before or haven’t done in a while.
- Challenge each other to make something useful for the other person with a cost of $10 max.
- Volunteer together somewhere that day.
- Gather up the gift cards that are sitting in your drawer or wallet and use them.
- Hike a nearby trail and bring some goodies.
At Home Ideas
- Put the kids to bed early, light some candles and binge-watch your favorite show.
- Do a jigsaw puzzle together after lunch or dinner.
- Create a ‘wine tasting’ or ‘appetizer tasting’ for when you have some quiet time.
For those of you who are not excited about the holiday, here are some ideas for you
- Have a spa day…..either at home with your favorite music, wine and bath bubbles or at your favorite local spa resort.
- Volunteer for your favorite organization. It feels good to help others.
- Take the day to do nothing except relax.
- Explore a town or area that you have never been.
- Make it a PJ day. Treat yourself to your favorite foods and favorite suspense movie.
- Be with your kids and celebrate who they are and how thankful you are for them.
- Be kind to yourself.
Enjoy this coming Sunday, no matter what you are doing and just as we should do every day…..make the most of it.
Thank you for your trust in me. Be safe and be well.
Maryellen Dabal, MA, LMFT
305 Miron Drive
Southlake, TX 76092