How do the Courts Divide Real Property in Partition Actions?
By: Bryan L. Eastin Esq.
Partition actions are creatures of statute. Simply put, an owner can initiate a partition action by filing a complaint in the Superior Court against the other owners, identifying the other owners, their address, the interest claimed in the property by each owner, and a description of the real property.
Provident Law® and Northwest Christian School
File Lawsuit Against AIA
Phoenix Northwest Christian is seeking a temporary restraining order against the Arizona Interscholastic Association over its 4A Conference football placement for next season.
The lawsuit challenges the AIA’s decision and its new system of classifying football teams solely according to numerical win/loss rankings which fails to prioritize player safety and increases the risk of student injury from mismatched competition.
What’s the Difference Between a Church and a Ministry for the IRS?
By. Erik W. Stanley, Esq
It may surprise many to learn that, where the Internal Revenue Service is concerned, there is a difference between how it classifies churches and ministries. It may be confusing on the surface but makes sense once you consider the differences in these two types of organizations.
What Constitutes a Nuisance in Arizona Real Estate Law?
By: Christopher J. Charles, Esq
Arizona law—via common law tort and nuisance statute—recognizes the concept that one party’s use of their property may have an effect on the ability of another party to use theirs. Sometimes that effect is, from the perspective of the latter party, a negative one. This negative effect may come in the form of de-valuing nearby properties, by ruining the air quality (as air has a tendency to diffuse from one property to another before its molecules dissipate), and so on. Not everything that bothers a property owner will qualify as a nuisance, however.
© 2020 Provident Law® All Rights Reserved.