Wednesday, March 18
8 to 9:30 a.m.
City of Batavia Council Chambers
100 N. Island St.
A timely topic for any business, the Incentive Overview forum is the first in a series of four sessions planned for 2020. Joining the Batavia Chamber of Commerce in presenting these forums is the City of Batavia and Batavia MainStreet.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Mike Algrim, Fox Valley Entrepreneurship Center board member
- Harriet Parker, Small Business Development Center manager
- Jim Schlusemann, SCORE representative
- Christopher Aiston, City of Batavia economic development consultant
- Heidi Files, Energy City Brewing co-owner
Each representative will speak about the benefits and tools that their organization provides to help businesses succeed, and how to access these benefits. Chris Aiston will discuss TIF funds and their availability. Heidi Files will speak about her experiences with these organizations and their services, with how it impacted her business growth.
A question and answer session will follow the formal speaker presentations.
Coffee and water will be provided.
Mark your calendars for these future sessions, too:
- June 17: Zoning, signage, etc.
- September 16: Topics valuable for the manufacturing sector
- December 16: Liquor ordinances and licensing
There is no charge to attend, but for planning purposes, please register