Frequently Asked Questions?
How do I register to vote for the February 15, 2022 election?
- Registration can be done at Village Hall during regular business hours until February 11, 2022. You may also register on election day. Proof of residency is required.
- There is no voter registration on the Monday prior to the election.
- Note: You must have resided at the address you provide on your Registration Form for at least 28 consecutive days prior to an election in order to vote in Whitefish Bay.
How do I request an absentee ballot?
- Absentee ballots can be requested in one of the following ways:
- Online at: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
- Send a request via email to email@example.com
- Submit an Absentee Ballot Application by mail. Application is available online at: https://www.wfbvillage.org/DocumentCenter/View/1338/
- Voters who have not previously submitted a copy of their photo ID to vote by mail will need to include a copy of their ID with their request. If you are not sure whether you need to do so, please include a copy to avoid any delay in processing.
- The deadline to request a ballot by mail is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 10, 2022. However, please request ASAP to ensure timely delivery.
How do I return my ballot?
- Absentee ballots may be returned via USPS or at the Village Hall front desk during regular business hours.
Update 1/25/22: Per a recent appeals court decision, absentee ballots may also be returned via the Village Hall vestibule drop box (pictured).
- Absentee ballots MUST be received by 8:00 pm on Election Day.
When is in-person absentee voting?
- In-person absentee voting will occur on weekdays from Tuesday, February 1, 2022, to Friday, February 11, 2022, during regular business hours (until 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 11, 2022).
- No appointment necessary; please bring a photo ID.
- There is no absentee voting on the Monday prior to the election.
When are polls open on Election Day?