Integral Ecology is one of the Focus Areas raised in our pre-Chapter Assembly process. In Laudato Sí, Pope Francis has underlined the fundamental connection that exists between the environmental crisis and the social crisis that we are currently experiencing and asks us for a personal and communal ecological conversion. He often reminds us “everything is interconnected.”
The Laudato Si’ Action Platform (LSAP) is a multi-year process aimed at making communities around the world totally sustainable in the spirit of the integral ecology of Laudato Si’. Pope Francis mandated the Dicastery for the Promotion of Integral Human Development (DPIHD) to organize and animate this work.
The overall framework of LSAP envisions:
• an official launch on May 24th, 2021;
• participating communities and institutions, who commit themselves to a 7 year journey to complete their
transition to Integral Ecology;
• new communities joining the initiative every year;
• at least doubling the number of participants every year;
• the growth of a Laudato Si' inspired network of communities leading to systemic change;
• the development of the process in 7 sectors, namely:
- Parishes and Dioceses,
- Educational Institutions (schools and universities),
- Hospital and Health Care Centers,
- Economy (Businesses, Cooperatives, Farms, etc.),
- Organizations & Groups (Ecological Communities, Movements, NGOs,
Communication Centers, Foundations, etc.),
- Religious Congregations.
Laudato Si’ Action Plan - Process Involving Religious Congregations
Religious congregations, their members and associates are invited into this process of conversion to integral ecology.
Click here to read more on the Process Involving Religious Congregations.
Click here for the Laudato Si’ Action Platform and enroll for free.
More resources about the Laudato Si’ Action Plan:
View the video: Realizing the Vision of Laudato Si’ – Action Plan
January 22, 2021 with Sr. Sheila Kinsey FCJM
View the video: Sowing Hope for the Planet - Roll out Plan for Laudato Si
December 15, 2020 with Sr.Sheila Kinsey FCJM
God of communion, enable us to become communities of participatory action and advocacy,
for the Earth and the poor. May we form networks of open and respectful dialogue
and use all the communication avenues available to us for the good of all.