Child Tax Credit Letters

The IRS has announced that the Child Tax Credit letters (Letter 6419) issued in January may be incorrect. If you received your letter and agree with the amounts, no further action is necessary. However, if you received your letter and disagree with the IRS or did not receive your letter but received advanced CTC payments, you must create an online account with the IRS to confirm the amount that you received. 

It’s important that we get this amount correct, because if the IRS disagrees with the return, it will cause a long, miserable delay.  

See below for more information on the IRS accounts. 

IRS Individual Accounts

We highly encourage our clients to create an IRS account to promote a seamless tax season. This account allows taxpayers to access important information, including economic impact payment detail, child tax credit detail, and record of estimated tax payments. 

Sign In or Create an Account

Please be aware that the IRS uses to provide identity verification and sign-in services. We understand that this verification process can be cumbersome. If you have questions or concerns about this process, please follow the link below for more information.

IRS Portal & FAQs

Unemployment 1099-G Delay

Michigan has announced that they are delaying the release of the 2021 1099-G forms. It's anticipated that taxpayers will not receive the forms until late February.

These tax forms are needed to report unemployment benefits earned for the year. We are unable to complete your return without this form; however,

we ask that you do not wait to provide your other tax documentation to our office.

Having trouble logging in to your portal?

If you're having trouble logging into your client portal, here are a few troubleshooting tips:

  • Use the Google Chrome web browser.
  • Clear your "cookies" & "cache."
  • If you forgot your password, use the "forgot password" link to reset it. 
  • Make sure you are using the Thomson Reuters Authenticator app. Other authenticator apps are not compatible with your portal.

If you are still experiencing issues, please contact our office for assistance.

Online Gambling

Did you participate in online gambling or sports betting in 2021? Did your winnings exceed $600 for the year?

If so, you will need to report the winnings on your tax return. You should receive a W2-G. If you do not receive a hard copy of this form in the mail, review the application or website(s) that you used to wager your bets for electronic copies of your tax form.

Office Hours

Monday - Thursday

9 AM - 6 PM


9 AM - 5 PM