“If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. And if they perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees, imploring them to stay. If Hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed." ~Charles Spurgeon
As the new year has begun, I look forward to the many opportunities we will have this year to reach the lost in our communities. We must be intentional than ever before to accomplish what Christ has called us to, because time is running out and many will perish and spend eternity in Hell if we don’t commit to sharing the Gospel! I am excited about the plans that our Ministry Teams are working on this year to help us to reach our goal of reaching 300 people with the Gospel. Our teams are revising our three year strategy plan and I would like to share with you the goals and action plans from our Evangelism team and Prayer team.
Goal 1 – Engage 15 churches in effective prayer ministry by 12/31/2020.
1. Identify and encourage each church to have a prayer coordinator.
2. Provide information and resources for prayer ministry to each church.
3. Plan a Prayer ministry roundtable by the end of Spring 2020.
4. Create a job description for a Prayer Coordinator.
Goal 2 – Encourage each of our church to participate in three prayer events annually by 12/31/2023.Action Plan:
Plan and promote prayer events (National Day of Prayer, Prayer Walks for Schools, and community prayer walks).
Goal 1 -Engage 15 percent of our churches in intentional community evangelism.
Assist churches to develop Evangelism teams to assist with outreach events in their local church as well as assisting other churches in Evangelism events.
Goal 2 – Engage 50 percent of Churches in Acts 1:8.
1. Encourage churches to be involved in their own local mission strategy as well as partnering with other churches in mission efforts.
2. Provide opportunities through the Association for churches to team up with other churches for missional efforts to reach our communities, our State, our Nation, and the world.
As you can see from the strategy, we are praying that each church will be intentional in praying for the lost and actively engaging the lost with the Gospel. May we be bold in fulfilling the task and as Charles Spurgeon proclaimed, “If Hell must be filled, at least let it be filled in the teeth of our exertions, and let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for.”