July 23, 2019
TODAY'S TOP STORIES
1. Pain clinic chain's owners, ex-CEO committed $25M billing fraud, DOJ alleges
2. 'Medicare for All' unlikely to increase hospital use, study suggests
3. Utah hospital patient died after surgery as blood drained into garbage can, lawsuit claims
4. How the Cleveland Sight Center achieved greater efficiency and lower costs by automating accounts payable.
to read the white paper.
5. Medicare appeals backlog reduced nearly 20%
6. The average price for treating primary care conditions in ED? $2,032, UnitedHealth says
7. 10 biggest healthcare stocks of 2019
8. Large self-pay balances are a flashing warning light indicating a problem in the revenue cycle.
to learn what to do about it.
9. Even people without Anthem insurance can use its new app to schedule, pay for care via smartphone
10. Ground ambulances left out of federal surprise-billing proposals
11. For an in-depth, state-by-state overview of medical billing laws, attend this upcoming
12. BCBS of Minnesota defends restrictive policies that hospitals call unlawful
Companies to Know
Thank you to our key partners
Prism Healthcare Partners
Legal & Regulatory Issues
Health Information Technology
Integration & Physician Issues
Leadership & Management
Transaction & Valuation Issues
Quality & Patient Safety
Sales, Marketing & Events:
President and CEO
Becker's Hospital Review
A Becker's Healthcare Publication
17 N. State St., Suite 1800 | Chicago, IL 60602
Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved.