Some like it hot,
but cool is delicious!
Air conditioning 101:
1. Use the
correct size unit
for the room(s).
2. Make sure you have sufficient attic insulation and that your attic is adequately ventilated.
Keep windows and doors closed and latched.
4. Check weather stripping on exterior doors.
5. Lower blinds, shades and drapes.
6. Run fan for extra circulation. Ceiling fan should
be set to turn counterclockwise in warm months.
7. Replace air filter when it gets dirty.
8. Use a dehumidifier in your basement or lowest level.
Turn off all unnecessary heat-generating appliances including computers and run heat-generating appliances during cooler hours.
10.Replace incandescent bulbs with CFLS or LEDs.
Click on the photo of Marilyn and watch this famous scene from The Seven Year Itch!