A one-cup serving of broccoli supplies:
· 135% of the daily value (DV) for vitamin C, which also aids immune function and is needed for the health of connective tissue
· 116% of the DV for vitamin K, which is necessary for healthy blood coagulation and the metabolism of calcium
· 14% of the DV for folate, a B vitamin that supports heart health, healthy aging, prevents birth defects, and may help prevent cancer
· 11% of the DV for vitamin A, necessary for healthy vision, immune strength, and the integrity of skin and mucous membranes
· 10% of the recommended daily intake (RDI) of manganese, a mineral that plays a role in bone, joint, and skin health
· 2.4 grams fiber, which is necessary for normal digestion and reduces the risk of heart disease
· And just 31 calories!