May 19, 2021
Dear Fifth Grade Families,
The Grade 5 Closing will take place on Friday, June 4th, at 9:00 a.m. on Hondros Field. Students need to meet in their homeroom classes no later than 8:30 a.m. Parents, relatives and siblings are invited to the ceremony and should go directly to the stadium that morning.
Each fifth grade family will be seated in a separate pod. There are no reservations or pre-assigned seating for this event, and seating does not open until 8:00 a.m. that morning. Families can have six people maximum attend the ceremony, and there will be six seats in each pod for family members.
BOYS should wear dress pants (no shorts), dress shoes (no sneakers) and button-down shirts with both ties and sports jackets optional.
GIRLS should wear dresses, skirts or pants and shoes suitable for the event (NO flip flops, Crocs or shoes with heels that are more than one-inch high). If a dress or skirt is chosen, it must be of appropriate length (knee or below). In addition, dresses may not be backless, see-through or have straps less than two inches wide (spaghetti straps are NOT allowed).
What happens in the unfortunate case of rain or inclement weather?
If it is raining or storms are imminent, we will have the following in place:
- Families will be notified by email as soon as a decision has been reached on Friday morning.
- Students should still arrive to school at 8:30 a.m. and go directly to their homerooms.
- The ceremony will take place in our Schoedinger Theatre for students only. Families can watch via livestream (link to live-feed will be included in the notification email). This will allow us to replicate the planned ceremony for the students with all of the same components while families attend virtually. It will also be recorded and shared with families after the ceremony.
- Due to the COVID-19 social distancing procedures still in place for schools, there are only enough seats for our fifth grade students in the theatre.
- Pickup procedures following the ceremony will be detailed in the notification email as well.
There will not be a reception that day but each student will receive a gift bag. We ask families to not congregate on Hondros Field or the track following the ceremony but to move directly to your cars with your children.
We look forward to celebrating your children’s completion of Lower School!
Head of Lower School