Dear Concord Parents,
Summer vacation is finally here! It's time to enjoy plenty of warm weather and schedules that are a little more relaxed.
To prevent summer setbacks in hard-won academic skills, it's important to set aside some time each week for your young learners to use those skills. Good news! That can easily be done through a variety of FUN and simple activities posted on Concord's Summer Learning website.
Here's a sampling of what you'll find on the site, which includes suggested activities for both on and off the computer:
- Kids need a little structure? Use these printables (or create your own) to guide them in selecting reading, writing, and math activities 2-4 times each week.
- Go here for a list of fun ways to add a twist to daily reading, including Concord's summer reading program!
- Need recommended reading lists? Check these out.
- Need math ideas and games? Try these suggestions.
- Keep your kids writing this summer. See this page
for a list of engaging writing activities.
- Take science learning outside. See this page for ideas and inspiration.
- Interested in improving your child's keyboarding skills? Try these online tutorials and typing games.
- Need more ideas? Check this page for links to additional resources for making the most of family time this summer.
A little academic learning each day will make a positive difference for your child in the fall...and provide plenty of summer fun, too.
You'll find the link to Concord's Summer Learning Fun website on Concord's home page throughout the summer.
Best wishes for a summer filled with learning fun for everyone!